Feel abandoned unsupported

It’s been 6 months now. How much longer the painful thoughts, the crying and the well meaning blunderers. Sometimes better alone. I have thought of my self as hopping from one group of friends or family to the next like a frog, going from one Lily pad to another but not finding a permanent safe refuge. Nothing will bring back David. His chair is empty and so am I.
Tricia

1 Like

Yes, I feel empty too. Apart from when the ‘what ifs’ start circling through my mind, although that’s worse. I just want him back. That one thing would fix everything. Apart from it’s not going to happen. Another long day ahead.

Hi
Both we wake up after not much sleep i for one just think another day to get through
Take care x

1 Like

You really do miss what you had don’t you? I would not alter my years with him but it would have been lovely to have another 20+ years before going through the inevitable pain.

I know I’m 59 and could have another 20 years have to go on for my kids and granddaughter maybe one day we can learn to live our lives again but a different one which I don’t want
X

1 Like

I am now 61. Try not to think how many more years I have left on this earth as every day is just a day too long without my husband. I have to continue to struggle through each day though for the kids and grandsons.

It is now 9 months since my husband died. I think about him 24/7. I can only hope that the few remaining friends and family who have stayed in regular contact continue because at least a conversation with someone once a week is better than nothing.

1 Like

I wish we had 10 more years. Then she would see our daughter finish uni and perhaps got married.
First rainy day here since she passed almost 3 months ago. It just put me into even more melancholy mood.
All I want is her back…

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss
I wish I could say something to comfort you
I have found this forum a massive help there’s always someone to talk to day and night
Take care Marie x