Feel I am going through the motions

It’s been six weeks since my darling fiancé passed, it was so unexpected. He went from feeling a little off colour to gone in a little over two weeks. He was my soul mate and best friend and I can’t imagine my life without him. Now the funeral is over I am struggling to find a purpose and just feel I am just going through the motions. I have some hobbies though they need a lot of creativity which I don’t have right now. I know it is early days so one day at a time, though I feel panicky if I think more than a few days ahead. I have counselling arranged via work but it does not start until next week. Any initial thoughts on how I can start to get some purpose back into my life? Thank you x

@KMS I am sorry for your loss and I understand what you are going through. I lost my husband of 40 years (46 and a half years together). He was in hospital for 4 days when I lost him. It was a huge shock as I did not expect him not to come home. That will be 8 weeks on Thursday. Like you he was my soulmate, my best friend, my whole world.

2 Likes

Sorry to here of your loss.
I was like yourself kept busy with the funeral arrangements and paperwork for the 6 weeks or so.
Then didnt know what to do. My husband Kevin had taken early retirement in Feb aged 63 and passed away suddenly in June so the retirement plans travel all now put on hold. Dont think i can do any of these plans. Not able to plan too far ahead anymore. Trying to keep busy joined book club choir exercise group. During the day keeping myself busy at nights and weekends find harder to get through.
Still not sleeping eating and really unable to concentrate on anything. TV on but just background noise.
Cant get into Christmas mode last year fromNov till Feb this year we were in Australia together this year i will be on my own with memories of our last one we spent :heart: together
Take care
Look after yourself
Lynne x

1 Like

@KMS I am sorry for your loss and I understand what you are going through. I lost my husband of 40 years (46 and a half years together). He was in hospital for 4 days when I lost him. It was a huge shock as I did not expect him not to come home. That will be 8 weeks on Thursday. Like you he was my soulmate, my best friend, my whole world. I have cried every day since I lost him. How you are feeling now is part of the grieving process. I can only do one day at a time. I cannot think of the future without my husband. If you have support from family and friends, please make sure you continue getting support from them. This forum is a good start. Everyone one here understands what you are going through as we are all in the same boat on this awful journey. I have found this forum very helpful. We may not have the answers/solutions but we understand and we don’t judge. Post here as often as you need to and someone will respond. Look after yourself, be kind to yourself, give yourself time to grieve. Hope you and our days become more tolerable than the day before.
Sending you love and hugs. xx