Feeling alone

Do you feel early morning & nightimes are worse because i do.
Feel ok today well at the moment but last few days felt awful.:disappointed_relieved:
Felt really tearful sad alone really low
So much has changed in short space time
Didnt help made things 1000times worse with the restrictions & lockdown.
Family friends just dont understand how you feel. Or nobody can acknowledge ask how you are coping? Think your meant to just carry on as normal?:angry:
Thats why joined this forum
Recently startsd counselling 1 of telephone appoit then have to wait 6month for appioit

4 Likes

I think we all have/are feeling what you are experiencing and the current lockdown restrictions just compound to make an incredible difficult time even worse. I want to stand and scream at people who are going about their lives that “my dad has just died don’t you realise that “. The world stops when you are grieving but life goes on elsewhere. Be kind to yourself x

3 Likes

I am so sorry that the counselling is such a long wait. Yes the restrictions are not helping and as Molly says life goes on in a way but it’s not normal and put that with grieving makes us all want to scream. When we loss our loved ones we don’t know just how hard it’s going to be or how long it’s going to take to get use to the new feeling of lost and loneliness. People who haven’t had this loss don’t understand and assume that in a few days or even weeks we will be over it, what ever that means but it takes time and there’s no rules to follow, it’s very individual. Try to excise, fresh air and good food even when you don’t want it, it’s very important. This forum is always here for you and you can shout, cry or scream because we are or have gone through this horrible thing called grieving. Be kind to yourself and take your time, life will get better. Blessings to you both S

1 Like

Thankyou both for all your kind & encouring comments.
Yes sometimes do feel want to scream shout over weekend really didnt feel great felt so low
Think just everything got to me scary.
So met up with old friend today that used to work with was so good to see her thiught going…just had ger outhiuse for a while.
went long walk 14miles along the canal
She maybe not understand what im going through
But so nice have friend just to walk along canal seen swan & her baby signets beautiful.
with & get your mind of everything else
and the unhelpful thoughts over thinking all the regrets.
Still not sleeping last night worset night had few hours sleep woke uo several times
Hope you’s are doing ok

I feel the days and nights are hard. I lost my brother to suicide a few years ago and my mum was an alcoholic and died now last week my step dad dies of cancer. I feel like no one understands and feel totally alone. I feel your pain and wish that something could help us both. I am waiting to hear about counselling but because of the current situation am having to wait. Also have to sort the funeral out I just feel I can’t do all this again. Sorry to sound so negative but don’t feel like I am coping :cry:

Sleeping is a very hard thing to do

Your right it is
Do you wake up during the night too x

Ohh Kxp21
I am so sorry to hear about all of your losses
Im glad you posted on this site
Where you wont feel so alone you are strong and you will get through it although may not feel like that
Everyone cares on the site
We have all been there went through some kind of berevement/loss
Im glad you are waiting for counselling
This lockdown really disent help
In meantime there is sueryder that does counselling
Take care x

I do, its like an utter shock that its really happened

Thank you for your reply. I just feel so lonely and don’t know what to do with myself. I have a daughter but trying not to put in her too much as she is grieving too. I just want these feelings to pass as I can’t deal with the hurt :pensive:. I found out that my partner has been cheating in me too :cry:

Joined this group as my mum died end of May. Funeral this week.Felt I had coped well, went back to work ( as a nurse) but came home to find the girl I share house with entertaining her partner in the house and felt like a spare part. They had been drinking and I had just worked 12 hr shift. Felt so alone. I have lots of good friends who would be horrified that today I am sitting in car park phoning Samaritans. But who do you call on a Sunday? Most of them are busy with family life As people on these forums say people call you and visit for first few weeks and up to funeral but what then ? Lockdown is making it all worse as cant even go to visit grandchildren …

Hi, I am so sorry you are in such a sad place right now, and it can’t have helped going home and feeling it was not a comfortable place to be, I am experiencing that feeling of a sudden lull after all the condolences and phone calls…my mum died 2 weeks ago and we always hated sundays as they seemed so slow but now i cant even share that feeling with mum. Just try to get through the day and hopefully things may feel better tomorrow, would cruse bereavement service be of help? I thought about contacting them if i still feel this bad in a few weeks. Look after yourself, blessings.

It’s strange you say that because my whole life I hated Sundays…but when mom was alive I would always go and see her…so I know exactly what you mean ! But my diary is so.empty at present , nothing to look forward to…,

I wish I could suggest ways to help Agnes56, I too, feel like nothing really is enjoyable now as there is a big hole in my life, but for you as a nurse you must be so tired physically and emotionally with your work too and the stresses of it. Can you get support at work, counselling or something, or maybe you have already …I really hope you discover some outlet, some interest, or people in time who will help heal your pain and sadness …