Feeling alone

Yvonne,

You express my feelings so well and I’m so glad I can share this with others who understand. I still can’t believe I’m so alone; who cares now about me? I don’t think I’ll ever be able to accept this awful loss, it’s all unreal. I keep thinking he’ll be back soon and I can tell him what help I need. I do sometimes think I’m going mad.

Hello Eileen, just a brief line to say I do sincerely hope the counselling goes ok for you. It may not be easy I know, but I hope it brings a chink of light into the darkness for now and the future. I don’t see a counsellor but I’m e-mailing the Samaritans currently as I seem to have slipped further into this dark abyss that is grief even after 15 months. Take care, Tina.

Hello Tina,
I’m very sorry you are still suffering. My husband died 3 weeks ago and I’m still in shock. Your experience has given me some strange comfort in that my lack of progress is not unique and , although everyone keeps telling me I’ll feel better soon, I am allowed to take time.
I do hope this makes sense and you gain comfort from Samaritans. Very best wishes,

Tilly

Hello, Tina and thank you for your reply to my posting. I didn’t realize you could talk to Samaritans by e-mail and will give it a try as my depression is getting worse despite medication from my GP. It is getting harder to get out of bed in the morning to face yet another lonely day and I am worried about my wish to go to sleep and not wake up, which is getting worse. I will let you know how the counselling goes on Wednesday. Warm regards. Eileen