Feeling alone

Hi,
Im fairly new to the forum, and although I’ve read through many threads, this my first time posting.
My current circumstances have many personal challenges, that I am seeking professional help with, but felt I would reach out here in the mean time. Any similar experiences, advice or support, is greatly appreciated.
My mum passed away 3 weeks ago, as her health declined greatly over the last 6 years, and finally got too much for her. During this time my life revolves around my son, my mum and my work, which I loved as these were the 3 most important things to me. She took us in last December when my house flooded, and her health got considerably worst, so I ended up caring for her in nearly all aspects of life. I know she hated it, and often said she had no quality of life, she was always so independent before helping others with a smile on her face. I would’ve done anything for her but hated seeing her like that, so when she finally passed away peacefully with family around her I took comfort in knowing she no longer had to fight. Unfortunately I now feel so alone without her, even though I have family around, they all seem to have their own partners and groups, where as mine was my mum and son. She was my go to for everything, and without her I often feel so lost. I know it sounds selfish but she was a major part in my life, that I will never forget but I have no idea how to move on, while making sure my son and I have quality relationships around us. Although present I don’t always see eye to eye with my immediate family but have many others offering support in all areas. I appreciate them greatly but feel like a burden or outsider. Like I’m intruding, but I know I have to do something or my son and I will be left on our own. He’s only 6 years old and I’m already noticing him trying to comfort and take care of me, as he knew that’s what granny’s job was, and without her he’s stepping in. I love seeing him compassionate but also know he doesn’t need that emotional baggage at such a young age.
I know there’s no easy fix, but I really want to do what’s best for us in the long run.
Thank you in advance

1 Like

Hello @Eagle711, I’m so sorry for the loss of your mum. It sounds like you’re feeling very alone and disconnected from your family. I really hope you find the community to be a support to you right now.

I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard, and to give your thread a gentle bump - hopefully someone will be along to share their thoughts.

I hope you’re doing ok. You’re not being selfish, it’s so difficult to lose somebody so close. To many of us our parents are a huge loss, people that have been there all our lives it’s not surprising that we feel all kinds of overwhelming emotions when they leave, just an awful time.