Feeling alone

I recently lost my mom this month and have been devastated and heartbroken. We were best friends. We talked and saw each other almost daily. She was my rock. My go to for everything and anything. It was an unexpected death and I feel lost. My husband is the major support person and I guess my 11 month old daughter. But, both of my husband’s parents are still alive and neither are his best friend. He doesn’t quite understand. I can sense he wants me to be stronger for the baby. But, sometimes I just cry. Should I push him away and find other support? I’m not sure that’s possible.

1 Like

Hi @Lost10223 sorry for the grief that has prompted your post. It’s so devastating isn’t it? My advice would be to talk to your husband about your feelings, share how awful this is for you and how much you need his support. Help him to understand that grief is a very individual process because everyone does it in their own way and in their own time. Don’t feel guilty or wrong for being upset and finding everyday life a struggle. What you’re feeling is entirely normal after suffering a huge loss. Be kind to yourself and take care xx

1 Like