Feeling down

Hi feeling really down just want my old life back would give anything to have James back he was only 48 and I’m only 50 life can be so unfair sometimes.

Christine x

Hi
Yes life is not fair. I lost my fantastic wife to cancer in July she was only 51 and I am 52. The pain the longing and the loneliness is unbearable. I too want my old life back and can’t see a future. Just getting out of bed is a struggle.
Please take care
William

1 Like

Hi,
I lost my husband 7 months ago, and although I miss him and my old life dreadfully, I can assure you that it does start to be a bit easier to bear each day. It doesn’t seem like it does at first, but gradually you do notice little things. Yes, I still have very lonely and tearful days. Yes, it is very hard trying to build a new life out of the ashes of the old. Yes, I do have periods when I am very low and depressed. But I try to be kind to myself and practise self-compassion. Take care xxx

Hi
I lost my lovely husband in July, sudden heart attack. No warning. He was 58. I was 57. Devastating. Life is extremely unfair. We don’t want any of this, just our other halves back. At least we can share on here with people that understand. Love to everyone.
Xxx

Hi everyone thanks for all your replies I do have some ok days I just miss the things that we did as a couple.

Take care

Christine x

I lost my Husband in June - he was only 53 - he had a massive stroke - I seem to be coping worse now than I did in the first few weeks - I think it must be because life is now starting to become ‘normal’ and its not how I saw my life being (not just yet anyway).
I find myself wanting the silly things - not an argument, we rarely argued, but I do miss the silly bickering.
I miss him moaning at me cos he said I always used to start talking to him during the last 5 minutes of a film and he would miss the end of the film
I miss him saying that he couldnt find something because I must have moved it
I miss him moaning that ‘all those channels and there is still nothing on tv’ (actually now that i have control of the remote I do have to agree with him lol)
xxxxxxxx

Hi
53 is so young l lost James in May to a heart attack the first few months I was in shock I miss all the silly jokes and texts we sent each other.

Take care
Christine x

Hi
I lost my husband Carl on July 2nd, like you it was sudden, heart attack, no warning.
I agree. I think it’s the reality hitting that this is life now. Carl and I were looking forward to a long holiday in October and as it gets closer, I reminisce on all our chats about it. I miss being called by my pet name, being reminded that Strictly is coming on, holding hands, having a chat about anything and everything. I just miss my old life so much. We are young I’m 58 and so was Carl. He was my best friend. No one knew me as he did and vice versa. It’s like I’m on automatic.
If I think about it too much I get so down about it all so I try and keep occupied, but where life was fun it doesn’t feel that way at the moment. Maybe one day we will start to enjoy things again. Let’s hope. Take care. Lots of love xxx

It’s awful isn’t it I think this forum helps as you do not feel you are the only one I lost my husband in June to cancer. I’m also having treatment for it. I miss him so much. Life is horrible at the moment.

Oh I so know how you feel why does this happen. I feel my life has finished but it’s the grief set in. It’s 3 months since this happened. Hate it really hate it and I feel so sad for us all in this situation x

Oh you are so right how we cope with death. Lost my husband in June. Life just not the same. Shame we can’t all meet up but I’m sure we all come from so many parts of the country. But at least on here if you feel down we can talk here xxx

I would be happy to meet up with anyone on here or make contact through Facebook - support of any kind is so wonderful and so helpful … and so is making new friends xx

I would be happy to meet up with anyone on here or make contact through Facebook - support of any kind is so wonderful and so helpful … and so is making new friends xx

1 Like

Sometimes at my low points I feel my grief will never end. That no one understands. That no one is experiencing this as I am. That I am passing time instead of living my life. It is such a pure, hard pain. But only I can get through it, no one can do this thing for me. So I breathe through it, take hold of the pain and feel it. And gradually it begins to subside until it is bearable again, and the sun begins to shine inside me a little xxx

2 Likes