Feeling guilty

I lost my mum at the beginning of October, her funeral on Monday went well as it could go, I returned to work today and felt myself able to breathe a little with taking my mind off everything, but now I’m feeling so guilty for doing so, I thought of my mum constantly today but I was able to talk to others and have a joke, I felt so guilty for laughing, feeling that it was too soon to be doing that xx was wondering if anyone else felt like that after XX

2 Likes

Hi @Charlie-695,

I’m sorry for the loss of your mum. I just want to reassure you that your feelings of guilt are normal, and that you’re not alone.

Hopefully someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted you to know that you’ve been heard.

Seaneen

1 Like

Yep feelings of guilt are normal. I lost my son in March and I clearly remember when I had had a good day, and laughed the guilt appeared. I tell myself my son wouldn’t want me feeling guilty for having a laugh or a good day, he would be pleased. Remember there is so set pattern for this grief journey we are on. I remember 10 minutes after my Dad passing away with me at home with my son and my partner I was laughing…all because he had a news alert ping on his mobile. I thought of should have been crying not laughing. Do what is right for you x

2 Likes

I totally understand this. My mum died on the Wednesday and I went back to work on the Monday, some people were saying it was too soon but it’s what I wanted to do. I said I had done my wailing and yes, I did feel guilty for getting on with things. I feel it’s each to their own and everyone copes differently. The last thing I wanted was people tip toeing around me. My mum was a very strong woman and she would have hated me moping around.
Don’t feel guilty at all, you can have your quiet moments and you will never forget.

Much love xx

1 Like

My Dad made me strong minded

2 Likes

Thank you xx :heart: it helps to know someone is there xx @Seaneen

@Steph73 @MJG had a major breakdown at work yesterday but my colleagues have been great, they supported me through it, then I felt silly XX I’m trying not to feel guilty and I keep telling myself it’s ok but some days are definitely harder than others

Wish I had my Dad still🥲but he did make me strong. So glad your colleagues are being supportive to you and you are not being silly getting upset. Take care xx

There will be bad days and it’s not being silly, I’m glad you have support
Take care x