Feeling lost

Me and my dad were really close. He was everything to me. My biggest inspiration. I lost him to suicide 5 months ago and I feel so lost.
I can’t do anything without reliving the traumatic night when I found out what he did. Walking my dog is a trigger. Certain movies or tv shows are a trigger. I spoke to my doctor recently and ptsd was bought up briefly.

I just want some help to cope better than I am. And for someone to explain a little more about ptsd to me as I don’t know much.

3 Likes

@Dinosour I am so sorry for your loss. Losing someone is hard enough as it is. My brother took his own life 4 years ago. At the time it was the hardest thing in my life and now after losing my husband in January I’m a total wreck. I was diagnosed with ptsd a long time ago due to personal reasons from my past. Even now I don’t understand it. The doctor put me on medication to try and help me but it doesn’t help much.
Many things will be a trigger to you as it’s all still very raw and your emotions are all over the place. I can’t say it will get better over time as for me it hasn’t. But I hope and pray it gets easier for you as time goes by.
I’m glad I joined this site as I can talk to people who have gone through similar losses and it helps a bit to talk to others rather than those in your inner circle. I was close to the edge after losing my husband but talking here has helped me understand a bit more. Thinking of you x

2 Likes

Thank you so much and I’m so sorry for your loss that must have been really hard to go through.
I also hope things will get easier for you too, loosing someone in general is one of the most painful things to go through but loosing someone to suicide is something else completely. I’m always here if you need to talk ok :heart: