Feeling lost

I lost my sister in August last year, my world fell apart when she died. We were so close and we did things together and not a day went by when either she rang me or I rang her. I don’t know how to feel I cry a lot of it and I don’t have the get-up and go like I used to. I have always been a volunteer for different charities and she was always the one that said she was proud of me. I want to feel normal again but I don’t think I will. I am always looking for her.

2 Likes

Hello @Sal - I am so sorry your sister has died - for sisters who are close, this is hardest situation to face. My husband died in January 2022 and read a bunch of books to help me understand my grieving and to see how others got through profound and bitter loss. A book by Clover Stroud called The Red of My Blood was really helpful for me. It documents the loss of her sister and the year she spent in bad grief, after her sister died. It is an honest and raw account, full of insight and ultimately, full of hope. She feels her sister around her. I am not sure if it will be any help for you, but maybe take a look and see what you think. Take care, hold tight, we are with you x

1 Like

Sorry this message was for @Sal1964

hello @Sal1964, I am so sorry your sister has died - for sisters who are close, this is hardest situation to face. My husband died in January 2022 and read a bunch of books to help me understand my grieving and to see how others got through profound and bitter loss. A book by Clover Stroud called The Red of My Blood was really helpful for me. It documents the loss of her sister and the year she spent in bad grief, after her sister died. It is an honest and raw account, full of insight and ultimately, full of hope. She feels her sister around her. I am not sure if it will be any help for you, but maybe take a look and see what you think. Take care, hold tight, we are with you x

1 Like

Thank you so much I will check the book out. So sorry for your loss. It’s so alien isnt it? You don’t know how to feel or cope.

1 Like

@Sal1964
You poor thing, your story made me cry, because of how close you were with your sister. It’s really difficult to process, because one minute they are there, and the next gone and it’s hard, knowing we’ll never get to pick up the phone and talk or laugh and hug them. I understand, I too used to be very get up and go, now it’s like I’m living in a black hole, it’s very awful…
Sending you lots of love and heeling xx

1 Like

Thank you so much it was a lovely message I take each day as it comes. I receive messages from sue Ryder and they help me a little. It just feels so alien to me.

1 Like