Feeling lost

Hello everyone ,I lost my dear mum in August ,I was very close to mum and we shared everything my heart is breaking and I know I’ll never be the same again ,I think about her 24/7 ,myself and my sister wouldn’t let mum go into hospital as mum wanted her family around her so we looked after all her needs at home ,we’re by her side when she passed away ,I don’t sleep well as all I do is go over that last day we had with mum .I cry most days or when out I can feel myself getting tearful ,I can’t bring myself to believe she’s no longer here ,I’m dreading Christmas as we all spent our last Christmas together and the memories are going to be hard to deal with .In all my 62 years I’ve never been without my mum and it’s left this massive big hole in my life and I’m really not sure I’m going to get by without her .

Hi Deedee,

I’m so sorry to hear that you lost your dear mum in August. All the feelings that you describe are very normal parts of grief. It’s ok to cry when you need to - in fact, it is much better for you than bottling things up.

This site can be a really good place to get things off your chest, and you are among people who understand here. While you wait for more replies to your post, you might want to read and reply to some posts by others who have lost a parent recently, for example:

You mention that you are dreading Christmas, so you might also be interested to take a look at this discussion, where a lot of people have posted about coping with Christmas without their loved ones:

If there’s anything I can help with, or you have any questions about using the Online Community just let me know.

Priscilla
Community Manager