Feeling overwhelmed

Hi,
I’m really struggling with everything. My Dad is so lost after losing my Mum very suddenly in July. He practically lives at our house and it’s now causing a strain between myself and my husband and family. He’s only got me and I want to be there for him as much as possible but I’m struggling with my own grief too. I don’t know how I carry on some days. He has very few friends as he and mum did everything together. Can anyone offer any advice? My world has collapsed around me. Mum held us all together. every second is impossible. Thanks for reading x

Could you encourage him to join something? Some places have bereavement groups, where people can meet other people in a similar position.

I’ll try. Will have a look into this. Thanks

Men in Sheds might be useful if there is one near you. It was set up for men on their own and he might enjoy the company.
Could you just ask him over for one evening meal a week and Saturday or Sunday lunch ?
Gently explain that he’s always welcome but you need time alone with your husband/family as well.

Thank you. He’s my Dad and I will be there for him whenever he needs me. He has meals here about 5 times a week. I wish I could have done it for Mum too :broken_heart: will look into Men in Sheds thanks

sorry for the loss of your mum.cant say I can give any advice as a man whose lost is soul mate nothing anyone can do will ease the pain im going through.i know personally I dont want to mix with groups of any kind.ive got x friends who told me move on and do as Jayne would of wanted,not advice thats from someone whose lost a soulmate but from some one who still got his partner and no real empathy what so ever hence hes an x friend.hopefully your husband is giving you support.and you can find an ammicable solution without causing hurt to you or your dad.
regards
ian

I’m getting a lot of support from husband and family - friends not so much. It makes you realise who really cares for you doesn’t it. I’m so sorry for the loss of your partner. my dad is completely broken so I understand what you are going through. Do you mind me asking how old your partner was?