Feeling sad and can’t move on!

Hi, my Mummy, Dad, best friend and counsellor passed away 10th July 20 from cancer….tbh what more can I say……

I’m trying so so hard. I missed her but I’m now missing her so much it’s devastating. I just don’t have anyone to talk to either as lots of people don’t understand! X

Hello Victoria, I am sorry sorry that you find yourself in this position and when we loss our mums we do feel it and when we have been close life seems endless with out them. You said she was your counsellor and like most of us our friends don’t really understand so please think of asking for counselling either from Sue Ryder or Cruse. Don’t think that you are giving in because acknowledging you have a problem is showing your strength and posting on here is the first step. Take care. S xx

Hi @Victoria2

I’m so sorry to read that your mum passed away in July. It’s a heartbreaking experience and, from what you write, your mum was so much to you. My mum died in February, very suddenly, and even months on I still have times when it is all a struggle. There are better days, and then there are those times when I just want to crawl under a rock and shut out the world. All you can do is take each moment for what it is, and try not to look too far ahead because that can seem scary.

The missing goes on. There are so many ways in which I miss her, and every one of them hurts. Not all my friends can understand because they still have their mums around. I feel like I am changing - I can’t be the same person I was when she was alive and near by. There is such a black hole where she used to be, and sometimes I feel as though I have lost so much of myself into it.

There are so many people on here, and lots of chats, where you can find people who know how you feel and what you are going through. It helps to know you are not alone in this. Take care and keep posting.

I’m so sorry for your loss. I totally understand. I lost my mum last year & I can’t seem to move forward. I’m completely broken . I can’t seem a way out of this darkness x