Feeling so upset

Tomorrow will be 2yrs since I lost my dear husband Peter suddenly to covid pneumonia . He was taken ill on the thurs morning 3am on the Friday morning 7.45 hospital rang to say he had died the shock was huge didn’t cross my mind I would never see him again. I keep going over and see in my mind how bad he was that morning and it breaks my heart. Last year our family celebrated his life on first anniversary but this year our sons just don’t seem to want to remember. After 2 years it hasn’t really y got any better to deal with I just plod along day after day missing him and always will he was the love of my life. they say time heals but you just learn to live with it. Much love to everyone on here. Jenny. X

4 Likes

Morning it’s 15month since my wonderful husband passed and your right you just live with it lv annie x

1 Like

My whole family did get together on the first anniversary, but we choose the day before Doug died. As one of my granddaughter’s pointed out, can we remember grandad on his last day with us and not on the day he died.
And now we go away on holiday all eleven of us in the week nearest to his birthday, because of school it’s October half term. We all love being together remembering, Doug/dad/grandad/great grandad in the places he loved to go.
I hope your children have a change of heart Jenny.
Debbie X X :purple_heart:

1 Like

Dear Debbie thank you for your kind words last year the first anniversary of Peters death we all got together at my sons house and had a lovely buffet and drinks to remember him but this year I have asked them are we doing anything this year and they have said they would think about it this was 2 weeks ago and haven’t heard off them at all today I know both our sons have young children but we could have gone for a drink . My daughter has said would I like to go round to hers for a pizza which is lovely of her . I am sorry if I sound grumpy but I feel hurt for him. Jenny. X

1 Like

Your not being grumpy, your hurting. Perhaps they find it to difficult too, and they just can’t find a way to express their grief. I hope for you they realise you need each other.
My love goes out to you. :heart: Debbie x

Your not grumpy you lost love of your life it will be johns birthday and our anniversary 18th June my children want to go for meal lv annie x x

1 Like

Dear Annie. Thank you for your kind words. My kids seem to think I am being over the top with how I get upset still as I am now entering into my third year without Peter and should be feeling better but I’m sorry but I don’t if anything I feel worse but I can’t tell them that. My sons David and Chris have been so good to me this weekend clearing my garden and putting new handle on bedroom window and I know they miss their dad but its different for them as they have partners and children to see to I am alone and always will be. Happy anniversary to you for the 18th June I hope you have a nice time with your children. Love to you Jenny. xx

I think our children do realise but don’t often say it. Not long after my husband died, our daughter said to me, she feels really guilty she has her husband and children to go back home to and she knows I’m alone and missing her dad.
We both sat and had a hug and a good cry. Then my son in law, who can always make me smile said, I’m sorry we were so long at the Chinese but there’s no need to cry. That made us both smile. X X

Dear Debbie. I think you are right our children do realise how we feel about missing their dad but mine don’t often talk about him its a long time since we had a hug and cry about him but I do know they miss him especially our youngest son who had a little baby boy in February and whishes his dad could have met him. it brought a smile to my face when you said about your son in law. Love to you. X

1 Like