Feeling Worse - how to cope with my attitudes

After losing my Mum 10 weeks ago I went into admin mode and managed to sort everything out , trying to support my Dad as much as possible…

I am now hitting a wall… I’m ratty and exhausted all of the time. I have no ability to put up with anyone who gets on my nerves in the slightest ( to be honest its only a couple of people that I always just about tolerated before) I am so concerned about my little boy who is not coping well… he talks about Nanny a lot with affection and doesn’t cry but he is also being a bit short and easily wound up…

My husband is being good and trying where he can but I’m not easy to live with… I would love to run away and find a bit of headspace… but my nature it to take “responsibility” , turn up at work , keep on functioning…My husband thinks I need time off work , but I work for a small company and my colleagues would not take to well to me being off for more time… I had a week while my Mum died and a week after…

Its so hard to cope feeling worse day by day and the expectation by others that it should be getting easier…makes me feel alone.

Sorry just needed a vent I think …XXX

Hi Julie

Vent away! I think it is really hard once all the immediate ‘stuff’ has been dealt with and you almost come back down to earth. I smiled about you tolerating some people barely, me too. I have become very abrupt i think, won’t stand any nonsense and differing these days.

I can quite see you can’t let down colleagues by taking time off work but would there any way you could maybe work four days a week for a bit? Two on, day’s break and then another two for example - assuming you work a five day week. Otherwise couple of long weekends off. Very difficult when you work for a small company, I used to and felt a heel everytime i needed emergency time off.

Mel

Hi Mel sorry for your loss, my dad died 6 weeks ago, I to am in organisation mode and I do worry when that’s gone it hits just as hard again. Glad you have joined this community hopefully it can help ease your days , take care

Hi I lost my dad on New Year’s Eve and am suffering in exactly the same way as you albeit I am also taking my frustration out on my partner which is not a good thing. I struggle with my own grief whilst trying to help my mum and support her plus working full time it is a dreadful time and I do feel no one understands how I am feeling x

Well I do…Then I have a day where I feel ok… I would like my Dad t talk to someone but he says he doesn’t need to as he has me… I wish my Mum was here as she would put him right… It must get easier and as I’m normally so passive , this moody edge is not that unwelcome. Just need to direct it correctly…

I am sorry you lost your Dad and now you will never have a news years eve the same again will you. I’m sure your partner understands and it is such early days…

Take care of yourself and vent on here is you need too…

Julie