"Finding Hope and Healing: My Journey with Depression, Loss,

After battling depression for three years, I believed I was making progress. However, on New Year’s Eve, my world was shattered when my father tragically passed away. I was the first to arrive at the scene and, alongside paramedics, performed CPR for an agonizing 45 minutes, but our efforts were in vain.

These past two weeks have been a rollercoaster of emotions, with some days being better than others. I have decided to seek help by making a self-referral for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), as I am experiencing frequent flashbacks of that fateful evening and suspect I may be dealing with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).

I am hopeful that CBT will provide me with the support and tools I need to navigate through this challenging time.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear about your father, @Kaa135. It sounds as though it was really traumatic for you. It can be really hard to take the first step to seek help, so well done on doing that. I hope the CBT is helpful for you.

I can see you’re new, so I just wanted to thank you for posting. I hope you find the community to be a support to you. :blue_heart:

1 Like

Hi I’m new too and lost my mum suddenly on new year’s day. Had to do CPR until paramedics arrived but I knew she had passed when I walked in. I’d only seen her 3 hours before so I’m really struggling and the other day felt I was having a panic attack. I feel so out of control. The Dr has prescribed some Sertraline I was even scared to take the meds too anxious that this will perhaps change me or I’ll be reliant on these forever. I wonder if CBT may help me too. Sending hugs :hugs::heart:

1 Like

Hi @Kaa135 how are you doing? Did you manage to get any CBT yet? :heart: