Finding it hard to cope

I lost my grandad on the 1st September 2016 and his funeral was on 21st September… i am finding it so hard to cope every moment of the day i am breaking down i just dont know what to do… my grandad suffered from emphysema for many years and the day before his death was told by the doctor his heart was failing we all knew it was coming i am just finding it so hard to cope. on the day of his death i got up and went to see him to say i would see him after work he smiled and nodded at me within an hour of me getting to work i had a call from my nan to say he had gone… the district nurse had said he had passed away between the times of 0630 am and 0730 am i had left for work at 0615… i am really struggling as i was so close to him seeing him upto 4x a week … i saw things a normal 24 year old should never see i held his hand at the chapel of rest and gave him my final kiss… i just miss him so much i dont know what to do it feels like a part of me has been ripped out i am finding it difficult to eat and sleep i have one of his tshirts that i cuddle but it doesnt change how i am feeling.

hi there. I’m so sorry to hear about your Grandad. but, I think your feelings are so normal. I lost my Dad 4 and a half years ago, when I was 17 at the time. it was like one day he was there even though he was seriously ill, but then he wasn’t. finding it hard to eat and sleep is pretty normal, i had that as well but i think what helped me was remembering that my Dad would want me to look after myself, so i tried to do that even if i ate only small amounts. but please remember that support is out there and your feelings are totally normal.

Hi EmmaJane,
Everything you are feeling is all normal and struggling to eat and sleep is normal too, I lost my dad on the 4th July this year and it is still raw now & hurts so much. My dad was termanilly ill with mnd and I helped care for him everyday But even though he was so ill it’s hard to accept they are gone. I still have them days you are going through But remember all the happy memories as much as you can & smile. You are aloud to smile at those happy memories. There are so many people on here going through grief hopefully we can help each other.