first Christmas alone

Am really struggling with this build up to Christmas. anyone else feeling the same?

3 Likes

@adelou hi yeah I’m feeling the same dreading it. It will be my first Christmas without my soulnate. In all honesty for me it’s just another day now.

5 Likes

@adelou yes, I hear you. I am struggling too. I seem to be breaking down and crying at the slightest things. The other day I wrote my Christmas cards and it was a horrible occasion this year as knew I wouldn’t be able to give my Dad or mum a card. Sending virtual hugs x

4 Likes

I will miss my Christmas card from my husband. He always wrote such beautiful words.

Xxx

4 Likes

@Vleath hi I am so very sorry for the loss of your mum and dad. I know how heartbreaking it is. I lost both my parents many years ago. I hope you have support around you. Take care sending hugs x

2 Likes

I lost my wife to cancer in June. It was very quick. We relocated to Cyprus last November and the diagnosis was in January. We had no clue.
We were married for 32 years. She was my life and died at 50.
I’ve been crying tonight after a period of acceptance. It hits you when you least expect it. I’m miss her so much

6 Likes

This is my first Christmas alone after losing my husband 7 moths ago .I just want it to all go away but every were l look or go its there on the radio tv shops internet .I haven’t brought a present or wrote any cards or put up my decorations as l don’t see any point. Having Christmas will not make my pain any better so why would l put myself through all of that .To all you that are going through the same i send you my thoughts and hugs and look after yourselves.

9 Likes

I absolutely feel the same. I lost my mum just a few weeks ago. She wasn’t ill and it was entirely unexpected. She was the other half of me and I don’t know how to function anymore. Christmas means nothing to me anymore. Does it get any better than this? :pensive:

5 Likes

Bless you just hang on in there we can all get through this together .Im sure over time we will learn to cope a bit better l hope .x

4 Likes

I have just written the Christmas cards, started well then not thinking I put my wife’s name on the card as well, threw card to one side, and finished off the cards crying my eyes out, I’m dreading Christmas

4 Likes
11 Likes

I’m definitely getting more upset, emotional, irritable, frustrated and angry the closer it’s getting to Christmas, angry at the world for taking dad away from us in June, angry at the world for carrying on, but I know life moves forward, people are going to be celebrating extra this year seeing as last Christmas was cancelled, I get that, it’s just so difficult to see all the joy right now when it’s just another day now for me. 6mths on and i honestly don’t know how I’m going to get through this. We’re in this together on this site, we need to keep on messaging and know we’re not alone even if it feels like we are. I’m so glad I came across this site. Sending love to everyone on their difficult journies :purple_heart: we’re here to pick one a other up. Keep going, take each day as it comes, minute by minute, hour by hour, second by second. Don’t feel pressured into feeling like you have to be productive or be/act a certain way after a loss…one step at a time x

4 Likes

Such a lovely song. Never heard of it until seeing your post :heart:

1 Like

Yes definitely can not believe I am having to go through this we loved a good family Christmas now it all seems pointless I just want to stay in alone I can sit and talk to my husband and cry as his not here it so awful with out him will be awful even starting new year knowing I’m alone I DJ have family but that is not same love to all xx

1 Like

Such a lovely song x

1 Like

Such an apt song. It’s lovely but sad too :heart:

1 Like

I heard it yesterday and ended up a blubbering mess so thought why should I be the only one to suffer and posted it :joy:

5 Likes

It says it all really doesn’t it :cry:

We have to get through this. Tough times xx
I’m trying my hardest to shut Christmas off and keep busy.
Today I bought carpets and weedkiller :slightly_smiling_face:

My husband of 46 years died in Oct 20. This year is worse than last year, but I did one thing shich I think may help. I bought him a Christmas card. I wrote down all the things I missed about him, and what I’ve done and who I visited this year. I cried a lot, but I felt at least had a sort connection. I know I can’t move on, but I can move forward.

2 Likes