first Christmas alone

What a lovely idea. I had an oak box made with all his bits and bobs I wanted to keep together. Aftershave, wedding ring etc.
I think I will buy a card for this year and write a few words …… pop it in the box
:broken_heart:

3 Likes

Hi all, I have bought some emulsion, and I am going to decorate the hall, landing and stairs as I can’t sit and watch TV, as I can’t concentrate

It’s a weird feeling not putting any of my decorations or tree up when it’s always gotten me excited, but tbh Christmas is cancelled for me this year. Dad would probably want me to put them up but tbh, without him here with us, it just doesn’t make sense. 6mths without him and it’s getting harder and harder. I’m going to take mum to my sisters on the day I think, she lives up the road from the crem so we can all go visit dad together.
Decorating sounds like a good plan! I’m keeping busy crafting. Why does life get cruel eh?

1 Like

I’m making my mum one as a special surprise. I love crafting and I’m in the process of making the box and trinket box for inside. It’s been a work in progress for weeks now since August I think, but I have to be in the zone to finish it as I don’t want it to go wrong.

What a lovely idea the card is. He’ll be beside you as you write it. It’ll be a good release for you too :purple_heart:
All of the “firsts” are what will be difficult won’t they.

Hi all life is very cruel hope we can all find some peace .its so hard i lost my son 7 months ago age 25 just .theres no pIn like it x

2 Likes

Sending you lots of love. I can’t imagine your pain, losing a child must be extremely difficult. I hope you’ve got lots of support around you x

This life is so hard my son loved xmas so i put the tree up sam was diagnosed in jan with cancer he lasted four months .he was the bravest superhero i know .im sorry for everyones heartbreak .its all so cruel and everyone deals with grief differently theres no rules . .hope we can all find some peace love to all x

3 Likes

Hi yes I’m feeling the same as you lost my husband and soul mate on 25th Mstch so Christmas day is the 9 month anniversary since he lost his courageous battle from cancer. Heart broken and lost beyond belief xx

1 Like

Sorry for your loss I too lost my husband in March it has been worse year of my life and with Christmas it does feel even worse if that is possible the evening is so hard house is empty miss him so very much helps to write it down how we find it possible to live our life with out our other halves I just don’t know so broken I am a different person love to all xx

1 Like

Love to you all too Rose In a strange way I’m glad I’m not on my own feeling this way. It’s the 1st time I’ve reached out to people in similar situations as I thought it would show me as weak. Stay strong xxx

1 Like

Hi rose and scott its different but lost my son in april from cancer age 25 im lost .this site has helped me not feel so alone in my grief .take care ladys just keep posting much love zoe x

BJM
I did the same thing brought my wife a Christmas card as l always did reading every card in the shop till l found the one with the perfect words the same as always. It would have been her birthday on New Year’s Day so she got her birthday card as well. I love and miss her so very much she was my life and l never needed anyone else. I just hate this pain and the lonely ness. I made her tea in bed for 48 years and we sat on the bed drinking our tea and holding hands even when l worked. I used to tell her l loved her every single day of our marriage, god bless you darling wherever you are, we will be together again soon. X

4 Likes