First Christmas and new year alone

My husband passed away in June so this is my first Christmas and new year without him. I have never felt so alone. The very thoughts of weeks or months on my own in tier 4 is so depressing. I am vulnerable so I don’t go to shops, I go to the cemetery, that is the only time I leave home. I dont feel I cope very well. It’s very lonely

4 Likes

Hi, its really tough, very hard x keep posting, you will benefit from seeing that others are struggling to x Best wishes to you x

4 Likes

@Kathq you are not alone. My wife died at the end of August, I’ve had her birthday, Christmas and now New Year without her. The lockdown restrictions do make it difficult, are you able to meet a friend to go for a walk?

1 Like

So sorry about your wife, it must be difficult for you as well. I do speak to friends on the phone, which is nice, but it’s not the same as a hug from someone you love, or having someone to talk too

2 Likes

My husband died Christmas Eve 2020 :broken_heart:

1 Like

My thoughts are with you at this really difficult time.

1 Like

My husband died December 5th all I do is go cemetery,don’t food shop do it online x

1 Like

My partner passed away in june this was my first christmas without him in about 14 years we would have been together 16 in november it was different but got through it with no tears suprisingly
This was my 2nd new year without him as last year was the start of him beeing unwell and he didnt come away with me and our daughter
Im feeling bit down again no new year he isnt here and i wont see him cannot believe he has been gone 6 months x

1 Like

I am so sorry, its early days yet for you. I also visit the cemetery often. It makes me feel at peace to be close to my husband. I did go daily, since the winter weather has set in I try to go every other day as it’s a ten mile drive. I have stopped going in shops, I bought silk flowers from Amazon and mixed them with greenery from the garden eucalyptus/bay. They look quite real and I dont have to go in flower shops. Take care, stay safe

That’s good you are getting out, it’s more than I can do, I’m scared to go out of the house in case I bump into anyone that asks how I am or how my husband is. I’m sure I will be the same after his funeral, which isn’t till 15th January x

Andy funeral was 18 December I go there and talk to him play are song to him I try not to speak to anyone x

1 Like

I talk to my husband, tell him I love and miss him. I wear gloves and a mask at his grave, hope we all get the Covid vaccination soon, take care

2 Likes

I talk to my husband all the time xx

2 Likes

Hi Kath. My husband passed suddenly in May. The loneliness and grief is unbearable. Message me if you like. Big hugs. X

I am so very sorry to hear about you losing your husband. It is especially difficult in lockdown. I have days when I feel like I am not coping and I have to be very kind to myself as these are difficult times. Have you a computer - it is no solution - but i do find by learning how to zoom - I can contact people and have conversations. Do you have a friend/any family who you could phone up, In no way am I minismising your loss, it is a devastating experience, made more difficult by lockdown. I do hope you find peace and let up hope that the vaccine will at least enable us to see more people - God bless you at this difficult timexxx

1 Like

Thanks Anne for your kind words. I do have a very supportive family, but that doesnt impact at the moment. X

1 Like

So sorry to hear about your loss. This is my first year without my partner too… if you don’t mind me asking, what brings you comfort or what do you use as day to day comping mechanisms? I get that everyday is different and some are better than others. I suppose every occasion we experience as a first without our loved ones is a rough hurdle and does not get easier, we just learn to live with it.

I just want to remind everyone how strong they are, it’s such a cliche and sometimes tiring hearing it. We are here for a reason still, he’s it’s lonely and the reasons why we do not know. But we are here to help someone daily without us knowing it, we still have purpose and are being looked down on by our spouses.

Thanks for your kind words. X

So sorry for your loss. My partner passed away suddenly at the end of November. This Christmas and new year has been a nightmare. I talk to him every. I cry on and off all the time and sadly I am having to walk away from everything we had together.
I am being assessed for counselling next week has anyone else had this and did it help? X

1 Like

Hi Pauline, I’ve had 3 sessions of bereavement counselling so far. I think it’s good to speak to someone not in the family circle, as you can be open and honest about how you’re feeling. Hope it helps you. X

2 Likes