Flash backs

Hi
Haven’t been on for a while.
I have been riding the waves of emotions having good and bad days, I lost my husband suddenly back in May we found him collapsed in the garden, I have lately been consumed of the only thought is him laying and me trying to help him I hear my screams etc. Is anyone else experiencing the same it’s seems since lockdown 3 it’s got worse. Thanks all xx

Hello Sacar, I’m really sorry for your loss. I am nearly two years down the line from when my husband passed away. I don’t think what you are experiencing is unusual . . I regularly wake during the night reliving conversations that I had with my husband before he passed away in hospital. I analyse to the nth degree whether or not I said the right things, did I hold his hand enough? Did he remember that I loved him? Was there anything that I could have done? I’ve had so many tears in the early hours. I don’t really know how to make it all stop but you are not alone with these thoughts.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, I’m sorry to hear of your loss too. Yeap I do a lot of that too questioning i feel sometimes I’m in a fight with own head.
I’m glad I’m not alone with this. I just need to find a way of getting through this stage of my grief journey xxx

Hi,

I lost my husband in September, he died in my arms. I have since had one session of f2f counselling and another two by phone. It may be a sign of complicated grief a.k.a PTSD. This is easily treated, but it has to be properly treated by a professional trained in the technique which is called EMDR, or something.
That is what I would like to do if the people who are treating me suggest it.
Lockdown is making everything worse for everyone. None of us can do the things we normally do. I personally chose to wear a mask at all times out of doors. That protects me and anyone I meet.
I can only wish you all the best as we navigate the Grief House of Horrors.
Christie xxx

1 Like