Going on a trip after loss of my mum

I have a trip coming up two weeks after loss of my mum is it right to go, my mums passing was so unexpected really out of the blue, I really don’t know what to do

1 Like

Dear @Marie8

I am sorry to hear of the loss of y our mum. You need to do what is right for you. Is the trip local? If it is and you are struggling you can then return home.

Was it a trip you and your mum talked about and she was excited for you, if it was then she would want you to go.

It is always a difficult decision to make as you feel guilty. Hard as it is, life does go on.

Please continue to reach out any time.

Take care.

Pepsi

Dear pespsi
Thank you so much for your advice
It’s so hard knowing what is right or wrong but I do know my mum would want me to go
Thank you Marie8

Marie you must really go on your trip why not.I know it wont be easy but it will not do any harm.Also dont think people will think less of you if you do its your life your grief your decision.I remember when my hubby died suddenly he had paid for me and our son to go to a Paul Simon concert and stay overnight as a Xmas present.He died suddenly in the Feb the concert was the end of the March and we were struggling as what to do ,we went it was great.My son and myself had a great night together thanks to his dad.My lovely son passed in March last year and that night is one of my happy memories.You go Marie and my love and best wishes to you xxx

Marg
Thank you so much for messaging me,
I know my mum wouldn’t want me not to go I am just struggling with my feelings right now.
I am sorry for the loss of your son and so happy that you made that lovely memory,
Sending you love Marie

Hi Marie, I went on a nearby trip a week after my mums passing, I debated on going and so pleased I did it was great to blow some cobwebs and breathe. I was sad but felt release. The decision is entirely yours xx

Slba
Thank you
I think it’s that guilt feeling is so strong even though I know my mum wouldn’t want me to feel this way.
Love Marie