Going on

Hi @Dave1162 not heard from you today, let us know you’re ok or as ok as you can be.
Sending love & strength :heart:

1 Like

Hi @Dave1162

Please just pop on to let us know you are ok . Well none of us are at the min , but use us to talk & to just know you are not alone in this journey .

Much love x

1 Like

Has anyone heard from @Dave1162 ?

2 Likes

@Stillhiswife I haven’t seen a post from him in a while, hope he’s okay? Xx💕

1 Like

Hi Ladies
I sent him a private message and thought this might get a reply but still nothing. Try a PM he or one of his family might eventually reply to one of us.
Very worrying.
P xxx

1 Like

I sent a PM too, it can be so overwhelming sometimes & hopefully he just needs some time out :heart:

1 Like

Very worrying. He was struggling.
P xx

2 Likes

Very worrying :sleepy: I really hope he is ok :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Hi all.
Thanks for your concern. I took some time out with no phone or contact with anyone at all. Nearly ended it all whilst alone but I spoke to Lynne and I agreed to give it a go. I still have the option in the future. But she would not be happy with me at all. So I am back and your support is invaluable.

Thank you.:+1::+1:

14 Likes

@Dave1162

So glad you are back . :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hi @Dave1162 so pleased to hear from you, one day at a time is all you can do, I talk & listen to my inner Derek often & he helps me through :heart:

Oh @Dave1162
I’m so glad to see your post and that you’re back with us!
I talk (and write) to Martin a lot. It does help.
Please keep reaching out.
Xxx

1 Like

@Stillhiswife

I talk & write to Bry every day .

I having a really tough day today though , we go on a family holiday on Sunday & I didn’t want to let the kids down so still going but it’s tearing me apart as Bry should have been with us :broken_heart::sleepy: we should be excited together but I feel sick, guilty , heartbroken :broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart: xx

5 Likes

He would probley want you to go still And it wont be the same but they will understand your greaving. And give you the space you need i do hope you have some nice moments with your family xxx

1 Like

@Hope5

Thank you so much, he would :heart: it’s a villa too so no big crowds thankfully xxxx

3 Likes

Hi there Dave
Good to hear from you. Please don’t ever think it’s an option… Please believe me when I say that such pain and misery does become easier to bear. I don’t suppose you believe this at this moment. Nothing makes sense. You will never forget after 45 years together, a lifetime.
Pat
xx

There is nothing to ease the pain every thing is black there is nothing but misery and sadness my life is over.

@Dave1162

I feel you . I really do . I’m away tomorrow with the family & Bry should have been with us . I feel physically sick!!! It’s only the fact it’s a villa so no crowds & not letting the kids down I’m still going .

I hate it , but I feel like this make ur break moment for me , yesterday I just wanted all to be over again and if I’m honest I will always feel like that , but it has to happen naturally as I could not do it to the kids :sleepy::sleepy: every night I get in bed I just hope ‘tomorrow’ will be my day as sudden & as quick as it was for Bry :broken_heart::sleepy::broken_heart::sleepy: xxxx

2 Likes

Dear Dave
If I try to tell you that your life is not over although it certainly seems like it is at this moment will you believe me. I doubt it. That black hole is pretty frightening and dismal. Is it possible for you to get more support and there is always the Samaritans if you feel the need to talk when you feel desperate.
Please don’t feel afraid to contact any one of us on the forum if you feel you need to.
Pat
xxx

Today I met someone who I’d not spoken properly to since Derek died & he really wanted to know if I was happy. He’d had a triple heart bypass & was lucky to be alive. He was very open & said he was lucky to have that conversation with his wife & he said he told her, I really want you to be happy if I don’t make it. Honestly after 3 years I am happy with the life I have to lead, I don’t want it as it’s not how it should be, but acceptance is a very big step. I have days where I want to lay down & forget the word but you do get there. Do you know what I liked about the conversation he remembered Derek with love & wasn’t afraid to mention his name. That really meant a lot :heart:

7 Likes