Going through clothes

@LostLil
I know right now it’s so so hard and I was where you were. The pain I felt was so bad that I wanted to die, I saw no future for me without Rich. I said so many times that I will never get through this and I don’t want to live with this pain.
It does get easier, I took each moment as it came.
I couldn’t think of the future or even the tomorrow because it was too hard.
Now, I still cry every day but not the raw, painful crying I once did.
I have days where I can meet friends and have a laugh. I’ve had a couple of days where I haven’t cried at all.
It does improve, it will become less all consuming.
Ali

5 Likes

Very true :+1: xx

1 Like

@LostLil I am very lucky. My eldest daughter has moved back home, my second daughter lives just down the road in the village and my youngest daughter has bought the house next door, my mother-in-law lived there, but now jennys gone she wants to go and live by her other kids, so great for my daughter. I didn’t have a great relationship with her, so no loss I’m sad to say, she just couldn’t accept that jenny was gay, so she never made any effort. I did try I really did, but you can’t educated pork I’m Afraid. I refuse any label, I was married to my husband for 20yrs I never in my life thought it would happen to me, but I fell in love with jenny. I fell in love with a person, not a gender, but never stopped fancying guys. Jenny though was so very special. Jen was always gay, but her mother always blamed her partner rather than embrace her. Crap really, considering we were together for 19yrs and married for 17yrs, actually, since jennys death it’s really affected and upset me. I haven’t heard a word from any of them, jenny would be devastated if she could see it, I’m just happy she can’t. They have no idea how much we were one and loved each other. :cry:. So yes after going off on a tangent lol, I’m extremely lucky to have my girls, i thank god for them, for the fact they love me enough to want to be here. I must have done something right bless them.

3 Likes

I’ve heard a few cases of one partner dying then the other one not lasting long after. I can completely see why. I always used to think there was no such thing as dying from a broken heart but I can see it now :broken_heart:

4 Likes

Well it sounds like you’re better off without her tbh and you get your daughter next door so it’s a win win situation. It must be hard to feel your partners family don’t accept you though. I’m very lucky that my OH’s family have always been very welcoming. I don’t know what I would have done without them to be honest. I would have buried my head in the sand but they’ve been great in helping to sort everything out x

Yes, we talked about this very thing this weekend. You can actually die of a broken heart. Sods law, I will live till I’m 100 :tired_face:

4 Likes

Aw lostlil you’re really sad arent you ? I was just the same :frowning: xxx but youre right you can understand it cant you ? Xx

I’ve been having some chest pains so I Googled chest pains when grieving, I’ve also noticed quite a few other things happening with my body that surprised me. It’s quite surprising the effects grief can have on your health.
Ugh can you imagine living to be 100? I’ve never wanted to live to be that old, I’d say 70 would have been more than enough for me even before I lost my OH. Now I don’t care if I don’t reach 40, I’d just prefer it to be quick and painless lol.

2 Likes

Deb5 i really hope and wish it gets better soon because i don’t know how much more of this pain and despair i can take, ive had a horrible pain on/off in my chest since the day Jane went and at times i just wish it would be a heart attack :broken_heart:

3 Likes

We all are :sob: I’ve never actually felt proper sadness in my life before this. My grief for my grandad was different because I was so young and he was old, my grief for my mam was different because she was suffering and I had my OH to help me through it. This is just like nothing I’ve ever experienced :broken_heart:

5 Likes

Yeh its true the stress can make u feel like that … how long snce your bereavment ? Xx

You’re braver than me. I lost my husband 5 months ago and I can’t even consider clearing anything out.

2 Likes

Yes know exactly what you mean ! Same for me ! Had other bereavements but this pain is on a whole different level … its cos we loved them … were in love with them :frowning: xx

1 Like

He was the one person in the world who could make everything feel better with a cuddle. I really miss a cuddle now :broken_heart:

4 Likes

Deb5 Jane was suddenly taken from me 9th feb. Not eating or sleeping properly and im just lost in this big wide world wishing everything would go back to how it was

3 Likes

I know … its so tough isnt it ! Wear his clothes or his dressing gown. Anything to feel like hes giving u a cuddle xxx

3 Likes

I know you wish you could go back in time dont you ? And its not long … only 2 months ago … it does get easier to bear you know … with time xx

1 Like

He’d always squeeze really tight and grind his teeth a tiny bit when he gave me a proper cuddle in the mornings. I miss that soo much :broken_heart:

1 Like

Aw … cute I used to touch my husband’s legs with my feet … ! And always got a cuppa in morning until he got poorly :frowning: our poor men :cry: so unfair ! They are at peace though - its like someone said to me other day … as thwir pain ends - ours starts ! So hard for those left behind ! Its harder for us than anyone ! We carry the pain the most xx was your partner poorly for long ? Xx

1 Like

He hadn’t been ill :sob: He was fit, strong and happy. His heart just stopped suddenly and mine broke :broken_heart: It came completely out of the blue. That’s why I’m struggling to process it all because it was so senseless.

Was your partner poorly for long before he passed? Sorry if you’ve told me before. I find it hard to keep up with who is who when all we have is usernames and photos of letters. A few people have got pictures and that helps but the rest, myself included are hard to keep track of.

2 Likes