Gone so quick

Hi, I lost my step dad to cancer in September I still find myself thinking of him everyday, it was only 5 weeks from when he was diagnosed until he passed. I worry terribly about my mum whos only 59. I just feel like its never going to stop hurting, he adored my daughter shes almost one, now she has no papa’s.
I just can’t believe hes gone and I dont know what to do

1 Like

Hi gypsy so very sorry for your loss, it’s so very hard losing a loved one, I lost my husband last july so know how your mum must be feeling and I have a one year old granddaughter and my daughter is heartbroken that her dad wont see her grow up just as you feel too, take a day at a time people on here will help
My granddaughter is such a comfort to me as I’m sure yours is to your mum take care xxx linda

Hello Gypsy,
I am very sorry that you have lost your stepdad, your little girl will soon become adjusted to his loss.
It is the adults who suffer the most, I wish I could offer you words of comfort, the only thing I can say is eventually you and your mum will gradually start to feel better.
Blessings,
MaryL

Thank you, as im sure you know its good days and bad

It certainly is, Gypsy.
I am about to order a book called Waterbugs and Dragonflies from Amazon UK.
It is a beautiful book, very short, but it was written for small children and explains what death means, it is written in a style which children can understand.
Our son read an extract from it at my husband’s funeral, last September.
Take care,
Love,
MaryL x