Grateful for the good times

Dear 12Remember

Thank you. I did love him very deeply and still cannot believe he has gone. I still talk to him of course and know we had something very special. A neighbour whom I used to work with only heard yesterday and came over to see me. She said something lovely that I treasure but at the time and again now made me cry. She said she could not believe it and cannot imagine how I must be feeling and said how they were all envious of us and our relationship as it seemed so perfect. She referred how he used to call me at least three times a day and how lovely that was. I cannot bear thinking about a future without him. So I am desperately trying to fill my days and create a new life as everyone here is trying to do with varied success. So lots of lists and just trying to achieve on or two tasks per day and looking for the little things we still like and counting that as a blessing. Your reply to me was so nice and I really appreciate your words and encouragement. You too obviously loved deeply.

Take care

Trisha xx

I apologise for posting two messages this morning but I wondered if anyone else out there can help this morning has been hard and the one think I am finding hard is that my wondweful husband grounded me gave me perpose now I canā€™t seem to consitrate on anything I just go off in any direction without purpose is this part of my grief thank you for this oppertunity
Marian x

Grief appears to affect us in different ways.
My partner had dementia and as a sole carer every single day and night for several years I had a purpose in life ensuring his well being.
When he sadly died I couldnā€™t concentrate on anything, didnā€™t want to concentrate on anything and felt completely, absolutely, lost.
Later, like a demon possessed, I found myself building, polishing, completing projectsā€¦just to fill the empty hours and stop the thoughts that whirled around in my head.
Perhaps with overwhelming grief the mind allows you to almost shut down for a while in order to cope.
I really donā€™t know, but initially I seemed to be in a fog which allowed me to get through the first few weeks.
x