Green Man ...hope...

I just found this wrapped up in my Sandies lean to greenhouse in her yarden…

It’s a Green Man…she wanted one for ages and we got this just before she got ill… We never got a chance to hang it. The Green Man symbolises the cycle of life, death and rebirth…I have to take the positive message from that and so I put it up where she wanted it to go…:neutral_face::heartpulse:

20 Likes

That is lovely. I have somewhere tiles with our house number on them. We bought them at Lake Garda but he never had time to put them up. Maybe one day I will put them up in front of our house. Sending lots of love and hugs.

7 Likes

@Annaessex lake Garda was my husband and myself favourite place. We loved it there and visited Venice as not far from lake Garda Xx

3 Likes

Us too… We stayed there twice and visited Venice and Verona… Taking in the Opera at the Colosseum twice too… Sandies was a huge opera fan… More special memories that now break me to think about… Let alone look at the many photos we have :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

@UnityMan lake Garda was our special place. Stayed there 3 times. Wanted to go back next year. We went to Sorrento last September to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Another beautiful part of Italy. Yes it is so sad that we won’t be able to go back there with our love ones. I said to my son when I go then he can scatter some of mine and dad ashes in lake Garda. Much love xx

3 Likes

Aw … we were gonna go to lake garda and ended up going to corfu … my husband always wanted to go to Venice ! Another dream shattered !! :frowning: im feeling really angry about life at the moment ! I want to move again ! Always have this urge to move …i live near a lot of quite young people who rent and it gets in my nerves sonetimes !! They don’t understand really ! They try but its really annoying sometimes :frowning: x

3 Likes

Deb’s aww that is a shame. My hubby wasn’t keen on Venice as too many tourists, expensive and smelly. He wanted to go to Canada when he retired. I definitely couldn’t go there now@:broken_heart: move to Norfolk xx

2 Likes

Yeh our lives and goals have changed so much ! Still feel so at sea with it all some days do you ? Got a few things on this week but life is tough isnt it ? I know a lady who said to me yesterday ( she is divorced) tried to say that bring divorced is as bad as a bereavment - might be similar i suppose but no way as bad as a loss like ours ! People don’t understand do they :frowning: i got my bereavment counselling on friday starting thank goodness … hope it helps xx

1 Like

@Lonely We also had a trip to Venice, loved that trip. We were so lucky as the weather was beautiful, just two weeks after our trip, they had a flood!

We did the Gondola ride, it was so beautiful and I remember going twice under the Bridge of Sighs ( love the story behind the name)

Martin bought me the most beautiful mask, it hangs in my dress room. We also went to Harrys and had Bellinis…

A few years before we went to Rome, so beautiful, Italy was my favourite country to visit, I doubt I’ll ever go back now…

Big hugs
Dottie x💕

1 Like

@Dottie72 Italy was our favourite place to visit. Just a couple of months before my husband suddenly died we went to Sorrento for our 25th wedding anniversary. We went over to Capri and went on the chair lift up the mountain. We were planning to go back for our 30th anniversary. :broken_heart::broken_heart:Xx
We went to Venice as well and brought masks.

3 Likes