Grief for my dad

I lost my dad 28th Sept 2019 after losing him to dementia!! I struggle each day with something different! Yesterday I was snappy, today I’m just sad, heaven knows what tomorrow brings!! On thing I have every day and is a constant is I miss him so very much

Hi Linda, so sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad on the 3rd of November and a part of me with him. Everyone on this site does not want to be here yet it’s a strange comfort to know you’re not alone. Others have been through it and have seen over the other side. I’m not saying it gets better, cause it never will, but soon I’m hoping to find a way to learn to live with it and not let it eat me up with it. It is not what they’d want. My Dad loved seeing me happy, and living a full life. He loved hearing about my adventures and was the only thing in my life that ever gave me full attention, and unconditional love and support. He was the best Dad I could ever have hoped for, and we told eachother we loved eachother every time we were together. Grief is the price for true love, and I know I’m never going to love anyone as much as him. Do things for him in your own way. Honour him by living a healthy life. It was my Dad’s 65th birthday on Thursday and I faced my biggest fear and got a tattoo for him.

Take your time. Do whatever you feel you need to. And please come on here anytime you just need a rant, someone always replies.

Thoughts are with you, here’s my tattoo :slight_smile: x

1 Like

Thank you! Your tattoo is amazing well done for facing a fear.

1 Like