Grief seems to be worse

I lost my Dad very suddenly in 2021 and my Grandma at the start of last year. Both in the month of April.
Although my Grandma had made it to her late 90’s, and didn’t particularly want to be here anymore, it was incredibly painful to lose her. We were very close. Even in her last few weeks in hospital she was giving me advice and we were sharing jokes.

Losing two major parts of my life has been absolutely brutal. I’ve not been functioning at all as much as I’ve tried, and it just feels like it’s never ending.
My decision making has been all over the place and I’ve felt incredibly dissociated at times.

A friend of mine who lost his father told me ‘losing someone you love so much is like learning to live with a stone in your shoe’ and think this is the best description I’ve heard.
Although I don’t think about my loss every second of the day anymore, the ripple effects haunt me constantly.
Does it ever get better ?

1 Like

Hi Alex, I hope someone can come along and advise. It’s only been 3 months since I lost my energetic, enthusiastic and competent dad suddenly and unexpectedly :broken_heart:.

1 Like

I’m really sorry for your loss. Hope you are making sure to look after yourself

1 Like

Thank you Alex, and you :yellow_heart:.

1 Like