Grief

My husband passed away on 19th July and I am just feeling so sad. He had been poorly for a long time with cancer but he fought so hard and just couldn’t beat it.
The initial shock has passed, I think, and we’ve had the funeral. I’ve had loads of cards, flowers and offers of help for which I am very grateful.
But the empty gaping chasm that’s left is immense and I am really struggling. The quiet times Are the worse - my mind wanders to dark places and I miss him so much it hurts.

Hello Jac65. I am truly sorry you have lost your husband. Of course you’re feeling sad. Of course you’re missing him. Of course it hurts. In fact grief is so overwhelming that sometimes we can struggle to even breathe. Losing my husband has been the hardest, worst thing in the world and yet 3 years later and I’m still here. But, I remember vividly being where you are now, in that dark place. We will never get over our loss Jac but honestly, we can learn to live again. My words will be of no solace to you at the moment but I want you to know that there is hope. I hope you get lots of support from this site. Sometimes even just reading other people’s stories can off some comfort. Take your time Jac. Sending love, strength and understanding. xx

2 Likes

Hello J65
I am sorry to read your post. My partner also died 6 th May . I never thought I would get to nearly 3 months. I almost feel there is a point in watering my flowers today . A friend said to me “ eat, sleep breath repeat” I feel I am only doing just managing the breathing . Please keep going every day you have stepped one more day away from the Acute pain of your loss and this can only be a good think. Sending love. Kx

4 months on I think I have accepted Mick my husband is not coming back personally I feel worst than ever just hitting home I know we all grieve differently it’s so hard love to you all xx

Thank you for your kind words Kate. I feel so overwhelmed sometimes I just don’t know how to put one foot in front of the other. But somehow I do and then again the next day. I know that’s what my husband would want - carry on he’d say.
I am finding it helpful knowing I’m not alone - And being able to say I’m not okay. All the posts are heartbreaking - there are so many of us out there trying to cope with loss. I send hugs and strength to all x

Hello Kathryn
I’m sorry to hear your news. It’s the worse thing ever but you’re right, we’ve got to keep going - day by day. I can’t imagine the pain goes away - I hope it just gets a bit easier to manage. Sending hugs to you x

Hi Kim - I know and that’s the most awful part. That no, he’s not coming home from working away or being at the footie. I almost imagine the door opening. …
It hit me this week like a sledge hammer that he’s gone and it’s so hard to come to terms with. Sending hugs x

2 Likes

I know how you feel Jac65. My husband passed on July 25 and I had no clue the pain I would be in. No one teaches you how to get through this gut wrenching pain and sorrow. I miss him every minute of every day. I can’t sleep or eat. Wake up at 4 am and by 6 am realize that somehow I have the entire day looming before me with nothing but pain to look forward to. I will pray that God will ease you pain.

1 Like