Grief

Hey
I hope I’m going this right I’ve not been on for quite some tone. I lost my mum almost 8 years ago to COPD. I had and still have anxiety because of it, it’s not left me. Still don’t feel like I’ve grieved for her? Hardly ever cry about her even tho I miss her so bad. I actually feel like a psychopath that has no feeling ?

Hello @Chelly-99, I’m so sorry to hear about your Mum.

We have some useful resources on our website, including this article which I thought you might find insightful, even if it simply reassures you that how you are feeling is perfectly normal.

Sue Ryder also offers a free bereavement counselling service that could be helpful for you. There is currently a waiting list, but if you would like to find out more, you can do so here.

Keep reaching out and please know that we’re here for you.

Take care,

Mick

Online Community team

1 Like

Hello chelly-99

I think we all deal with grief in different ways and I’m sure we have all questioned whether we are feeling the right emotions when dealing with a loss. I would say there is a chance that you don’t allow yourself to cry as a way of protecting yourself from the pain you have to bare.
I know I have shut down many thoughts of my husband when I feel overwhelmed or panicked that I am losing a grip on my emotions.

Take care xx

1 Like