Grief

I lost my wife Janet after 54 yes of marriage, 18 months ago.And l can’t seem to move forward l feel useless and lonely, and l sometimes think whats the point

4 Likes

Hello Bob,
I haven’t lost a partner but i lost my mum 16 months ago and still struggling very much and wondering what is the point ? I’m so sorry about your wife Janet . Do keep posting on here as it does help to talk to other people who have been through the same. Take good care.
Love Angie xx

1 Like

Yes I think every day is the same, I’m just over a year and no matter what I do I cannot shake this deep sadness I think it’s with me forever and I know I’ve become very dull company and this is as good as it will ever be but I have fond memories, the past isn’t a bad place to be especially with what’s happening around us now hugs to everyone on this lonely sad road xx

2 Likes

Hi just over a year for me . And I feel like I’m getting worse .the first year I felt like I was in a smokey room couldn’t see much in front of me . Now the smoke is clearing and I can see clearly in front of me and don’t like what I see . A sad lonely life without my husband .nothing to look forward too .no happiness no love no future . Looking and living in the past is much preferred. Xtake carex

6 Likes

Bob, have you had or been offered any bereavement counselling? It may help, even now. Talk to your GP for a start.
Ian

1 Like