Grief

My mum passed away on Saturday 9 September at 12 noon. She was placed on end of life care the week before and had been expected to pass away overnight. She hung on for six, long, excruciating days. I’m absolutely heart broken. I love my mum…:broken_heart::broken_heart:

5 Likes

Hello @Bev9,

I’m so sorry to hear about your mum.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Seaneen

2 Likes

Hi Bev9,
Am so sorry about your mum.Its heartbreaking. My mum was placed on end of life and I still have so many emotions from that. It was truly awful.
This is the terrible raw time for you .Keep posting on here bec this site was a godsend for me .I could never have coped without it.I have met lovely friends on here who have helped me do much and you will too.
In the beginning I thought I was going mad with the grief as I just wanted my mum back.I couldn’t accept it at all. I neglected myself and spent weeks crying constantly.
Gradually by taking small baby steps I managed to survive with the help of this site.
We are all here for you
Post anytime
Deborah x