Grieving for my sister

2 weeks ago my sister and nephew was killed in a horrific car accident and this feeling of no longer wanting to be here wont subside, im really worried about hurting myself

2 Likes

Hi @Rach22,

I’m so sorry to hear about your sister and your nephew. It sounds as though things are very tough and you are really hurting from what happened.

It sounds like you’re looking for support and I’m glad that you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here. We know that a lot of people experience suicidal thoughts during their grief journey. We have a video about it here which you might find helpful:

https://griefguide.sueryder.org/support/suicide

There is lots of other support out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

• If these thoughts of suicide become overwhelming, please call 999 or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.
  • Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.
  • Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text SHOUT to 85258 and talk to them about anything.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: sueryder.org/counselling.

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

You can also contact Road Peace which provides support for people bereaved by a road crash - http://www.roadpeace.org, 0845 4500 355.

You deserve care and support so please, @Rach22, get in touch with one of these services.

Take care,

Alex

Hi Rach22, I just wanted to reach out because I can see the only reply you’ve had is from the organisation, which is great and I hope you’ve explored some of their suggestions and found some support; however sometimes you just want to talk to someone going through the same thing… I’m not going through the same as you, but me and my sister did lose our brother very suddenly last year at the age of 39, and I know how it feels to have your world collapse around you. my sister has a son, my nephew, and I think of the pain that you are going through… can I ask how old they were? I really want you to know that for a long time I had the same feeling of not wanting to be here on this earth anymore; it lingered for a long time. It’s been 7 months now and I would say only in the last month or 2 has it started to lessen. I don’t say that to make you despair, but so that you know that you’re not alone in this feeling, and that there may be hope of healing at some point in the future, although I know you will find that hard to believe right now.
Love to you at this time

1 Like