Grieving the loss of Mum & Dad

Hi all,

I am new here. I needed to reach out and chat to someine who might understand.

I lost mu mum and dad a day apart last month and i just feel so heartbroken and lost.

I have family but they just don’t seem to see our care about my pain just their own!

The last few days is really hit me hard and I’m struggling.

I contacted a counsellor but they said their waiting list is a few months long.

I need to speak to someone sooner than that!

Are any of u seeing a counsellor and if so, how did you have to wait?

I look forward to chatting with you all x

2 Likes

Dear GrievingButterfly,

That must have been so had, to lose both your parents at once. The same thing nearly happened to me, when my mum collapsed the night after my dad had died, but she recovered and we had another year and a half with her. I can only imagine how I would have felt about a double loss, and how you must feel. Do you have any siblings? I have 3 sisters, and 1 brother, and we were able to support each other.

I don’t know who you contacted about counseling. There are several organisations offering it, but I think they all have waiting lists at the moment. I never had counseling myself, but many people who post on this site have. You can read about their experiences if you type ‘counseling’ in the search option at the top of this page. There is also a post called ‘URGENT HELP’ where you can find a list of organisations you can contact if you urgently need to talk with some one. Others you coud try to contact are MarieCurie or, if your parents died of cancer, MacMillan.

I hope you find some comfort in reading other people’s posts and replies on this site. xx Jo

1 Like

Hi Grieving Butterfly,

So so sorry to read of your loss, i can very much relate to you as both my parents passed within months.

Also your family situation, as i do not have any support or feel friends empathise or understand.

Unfortunately the waiting lists for counselling is months.

Im happy to chat as this is my first time on here also.
Im 9months into my griefing and its only been the last 2months i feeling more myself. I was so lost for months with no one i felt i could turn to.

Look forward to hearing from you, sending you love & light & lots of hugs xxxxxxxxx

1 Like

Hello Grieving Butterfly,

My parents passed within nine days of each other in September. I totally understand where you are coming from. It’s still very raw for me but the outside world goes on. I see friends enjoying nights out and normal life and I feel cross but then I think that life is for living.
No easy answers but we have to learn to live with this new normal however difficult xx

MrsMD…

People come on this site for empathy & understanding. You comment is very much correct yes.

Theres no mention of she not getting on with life, thats your assumption. People struggle in silence as im sure you yourself may have?

Please bear in mind griefing is a very personal journey & some have more support than others or no support. Like you say you go out with your friends etc… but what if you didnt have them friends or friends that cared.

Im very sorry to hear of your loss xxx

1 Like

Hi Empath- Chrissy,

Thank you for your lovely, supportive and understanding reply.

I would love to chat more with you. I just need to speak to someone who understands my feelings,thoughts and emotions while going through this grief!

Thanks again abd i look forward to chatting with you soon x