Grieving widow

Dear Dianne
I am so sorry for your Llosa but know wackily how you feel I lost my husband of 50 years 10 months ago, but I spoke to my GP and I reached out to anyone I could think off, I am just starting to see a very slight glimmer at the end of a long tunnel I have been stuck in, I have a new GP that has referred me to a group Transforming lives which help people who have lost there soul mate, they have also referred me to another group positive minds, and will contact me each week or it is up to me how often I want to talk or meet others like me, it all sound very good and hopefully I will get there, I would be more than happy to speak to you anytime but unfortunately do not know how someone on this site can give information to get in touch privately, I live in Lancashire, and I have experience all like you and more, you will always miss your soul mate, but it’s about learning to live your life on your own, I am disabled, and have three sons but all live a very long way away and I don’t like upsetting them as they still have to live there lives, hold on in there Diane if you want to contact me feel free and speak to your GP as they can refer you to different teams for help, keep in touch and if you find a way we can give details to stay in touch I would be more than happy thinking of you Audi

Hi Diane

I am sorry you don’t live close by I would have loved to have met up.

Hope you find a group soon, but if you want to chat don’t hesitate in contacting.

Thank you. I sent private message to someone who is in my county but the person said they would not give info on what town as everyone could see it. I did pm them to say pm could not be seen but got no response. I am pleased you all can meet.

Hi Diane. No one can see any info given by private message…only you and the poster you messaged.
We formed a small meet up group for the North West via this site and it was very successful. I hope you have some success with other posters in your area. Just put a meeting notice on here and ask anyone interested to contact you via private message.
Hope this helps.
X

Thanks. I know no one can read pm’s. Its a shame the person I sent one too does not believe it. Hope you get good come from meeting others.

We haven’t met for a while but another meeting soon I hope. We all got on so well and we’re never stuck for words. Did us all so much good in these awful times. X

That is good to hear I must try to start one. Not sure how though.

hi all my name is Michelle I lost my husband in February Andy was 50 with the big c it is a rollercoaster up and down dont know were you are you just feel lost and empty I am from the Wirral and have joined a six week programme with a last called Karen sutton there are 10 of us in the group and we all chat through how we feel which does help the ladies are from england as well as the states so it takes your pain away a little by hearing their journey

I think I am going to rock bottom now, I am sure I am getting worse. Surely it cannot get much worse than this? I dread every day.

Hi Diane

How are you doing? You sound so low, it’s such a horrible feeling, I know it. Did you get any joy with starting your group near home? Did you see the post from Michelle earlier about that group? I am thinking of you, take care x

I have had an answer from 2 people thank you. I am meeting a lady on Monday.
Other person asked me to join him & others Saturday but i am not able.
Michelle? what group. Not sure if I saw that. x

That’s really good news, it’s good to talk, hope you get some enjoyment from it. Bailey201 said about a group. x

hello all I found it through Instagram I am just finding different ways and means to help my mindset and hope to find other people who have experienced our devastation and help each other in the best way we can x

Hi Kim 5 , it’s been almost 6 months since I lost my hubby , he died sleeping . I’ve not been coping at all crying constantly, just recently I started to volunteer at the Salvation Army 2 sessions a week , it got me out of the house and stopped my thinking of him each minute of the day but today my world has stopped again ,my youngest daughter who is only 49 has been diagnosed with ovarian cancer how are we going to get through this again . I had to fight through 6 months of chemotherapy with my hubby and now I’ve to do this again and she says that it’s me she wants to help her through the fight ahead ,her husband has never had to do this . I’m absolutely dreading what’s to come I’m still grieving for my hubby and I have to fight for my daughters life . How much more can our family take I’m devastated, I can’t lose her as well . Heartbroken :broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

5 Likes

Hi @Plascoch,

I was so sorry to read about the sudden death of your Husband and then about your youngest Daughter’s diagnosis. That is so very difficult - it is not surprising you are feeling heartbroken.

You may already be aware but I wanted to let you know Maggie’s offer free support to anyone with cancer as well as their families. There may be a centre alongside the NHS hospital your Daughter will be receiving treatment from - they also provide online support which you might find useful.

Do you think you would find it helpful to continue volunteering in some capacity, as and when you are able? Of course, it might be too much given what you are now going through, but then again it might be a helpful distraction for you now and then.

Please take care of yourself and do what you can, one step at a time - keep reaching out, @Plascoch. You do not need to struggle alone.

Megan
Online Community team

Hi
So sorry for your loss and the sad news of your daughter I pray she will be ok. Grief is hard. My husband had cancer it is an awful. I’m hoping for you that treatment works for her. You can’t go through it again what a cruel word.
Take care x