Grieving

Hi there
I am new to this and wonder if anyone can give me guidance on how to deal with the loss of my big sister. She was taken suddenly from us September 2019 (she had never been unwell in her life, apart from the odd cold) then cancer took her from us!)!
My brother-in-law is struggling so very badly and we (our family) are so desperate to help him, but he is so lost! I have begged him to go to join a bereavement group, so, this is why I am here! More to help him than us!

2 Likes

Hello @julie196501,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you want to help your brother-in-law. I’m so sorry to hear about your sister. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

Thank you, is there an actual group that he could attend (a face to face one) that is what he needs I think. We are all struggling to come to terms with our loss (my big brother especially) so a group would be so helpful

Many thanks

Julie

Hi Alex

Would you know if any meetings that’s are local to us that he could attend please?

Many thanks

Julie

Hi julie196501, I go to a bereavement group near me once a month and it helps me. Id did not know what to expect the first time but the second meeting was much better.

I looked it up and found one near you.

St Nicholas Hospice Care
Bereavement Café – Haverhill drop in group
Where? Camps Road, Haverhill, UK
When? January 25, 2023 10.30am-midday
How much? Free

I would add the link for the website but I had some links blocked in the past, so I just send you the search string.
“Haverhill, Suffolk Bereavement group”
Let me know if you cannot find it and I will send the link anyway - Nick