group counselling

Hi all … just been invited to my first group counselling session next month. Has anyone done this and can advise me what to expect please … want to give it a try, but really not sure about it.

2 Likes

I’m doing a zoomy on 18th January. I really don’t know either.

1 Like

Hi Audrey
I went to group counselling at the local hospice and like you had no idea what to expect but as I was becoming very introverted and not wanting to mix with people I decided to give it a go and it did help. We just sat around usually there was about 20 of us and we just picked up on the conversation. Some people want to speak and others don’t. No pressure though.
Go for it.

1 Like

Thank you … mine is at local hospice too and my reasons are virtually the same as yours … apart from weekly shop I go nowhere and see no body … it will be right out of my comfort zone to do this but I really think I need to. Was never a stay at home person before last May and don’t want to be now.

2 Likes

Hi @Audrey54 like everyone else I decided to go to a group session just to get out and speak to people who fully understand this grief thing. I am so desperately lonely and the days/nights last forever.
The group leader was lovely as was the other people there, no pressure to speak but if you did everyone was kind and supportive
Jen