Guilt /pain / trauma/shock

We lost my incredibly brave dad aged 62 and feeling so lost and keep reliving the moment i saw he had died . Feel so much trauma and just want him back . I keep messaging him and praying for a reply! Hes my best friend and trying to be brave for my children but my goodness its hard! Grief is horrific never felt pain like this :frowning:

3 Likes

Hello @Gerrythegiraffe ,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling so lost. I’m so sorry to hear about your dad. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

Hi @Gerrythegiraffe
Welcome to this forum. Sorry to hear of the sad loss of your dad. My mom died 3 years ago of brain tumors, aged 64, so young… :pensive::woman_facepalming:t2:, too young. As you say, it’s hard to take in. Our parents are there for so much of our lives, & while we realistically know that no-one lives forever, we can’t imagine life without them.
I know what you mean, seeing them when they pass is traumatic, as we cared for mom during COVID, we had to care for her at home, I still can’t walk into our sitting room without seeing where she died. I know from experience, that with trauma, sometimes the mind replays things because it’s trying to make sense of them. I know this can be very overwhelming, take time out for yourself. Sending hugs of support.

1 Like