Guilt

Thank you Christine x

You are more than welcome Tina - this road is very hard and I wish you well.

Gogs x

1 Like

Hello all

We had the results of the post mortem today (I was surprised they were doing the post mortem to be honest but as he died at home and he had been discharged from hospital with no end of life plan this was necessary apparently). From what I have been told he had pericarditis, enlarged heart and fluid in the heart - on top of the existing heart failure caused by the cardiac arrest two years ago. He also still had signed on bronchial pneumonia.

I’m not quite sure how to feel but I can’t help but think why the hospital discharged him a week prior. I had in my mind that the hospital surely wouldn’t have discharged him unless they were happy with his progress and he was being seen most days by the hospital for warfarin checks (as he was also diagnosed with atrial fibrillation a week prior to his death).

Hello TeaCups. I just wanted to say I hope you are managing after receiving the PM Report. That’s a lot to take in isnt it and if you are anything like me you’ll probably be lying awake now fretting and ruminating about things. We didn’t need a PM but I can’t get certain aspects of my Husband’s hospital care, or lack of, out of my mind. Some people would advise that once the medical facts are presented that you could discuss these with the Hospital consultant along with other questions relating to care issues. Some would like/need to do this, others would be distressed by it. I am sorry I’m not being much help but wanted you to know I was thinking of you.

Thank you Tina. You’re right I was ruminating most of the night. I’ve also since read that the warfarin he was on for the AF is not recommended for people with pericarditis. I could drive myself mad however thinking about everything but sadly it won’t bring him back. Thank you again for thinking of me. X

Hello goggs I just read your story sorry for your loss my husband has just died from heart failure you were saying a pacemaker would give your husband a few more years as I have found out a device doesnt make give you a few more years nor does a device help worsening heart failure hope this helps you