Hate weekends

Thankyou will look them up

1 Like

How are you doing x

Lovely Tidd you should complain ! We ALL should complain - weekends are hard and even though I have supportive children it is a lonely time !!! I find Friday evenings specially hard - your children and your friends company does not cover that empty feeling
Love Sadie x

1 Like

Seems weekends are a time of sadness. To me they are just days. However I plan to do things at weekends to make sure I am occupied. I make plans in advance so I know what I am going to do. I rarely stay at home. Usually it’s a bus ride to another area and a nice walk with my dogs, or I just go out somewhere. On Sundays I usually go to my allotments and meet up with other members. Keeping busy I find is the answer and can’t say that the weekends have been any problem. If my family decide to visit it’s usually at the weekend so that’s an added bonus as I don’t rely on them coming. However I still know all about that empty lonely feeling but I try not to let it control me. Hard work but worth it. xxxx

Sorry to hear of your loss, I know how you feel, my husband of 24 years passed away 13 months ago very suddenly, we spend all our time together he was my best friend, soulmate, I’m only 46 so it’s
Iike what do I do now?.the nights and weekends are the worsed as you say, I’m lucky I have my mum and sister who live close and we’re very close, but it’s not the same as spending time with your partner, sending you a big hug. To get through I just take every day as it comes x

I was with my husband 18 years. He was also my best mate, soul mate and my world along with my 2 boys. We spent so much time together more than most couples. Weekend and evenings are agony. My sister and friend across the road make sure I’m occupied at weekend but like you say it’s not the same as being with husband x love to you all x

Hope you are doing as well as can be expected x

3 Likes

Yes Pat - weekends are hard and as you I organise things for the weekend but I find really hard not to have company - tomorrow I have a couple hours meeting at mid day - then will have my nails done and then is the difficult bit! I have lots that NEED to be done but they are all at home and I don’t like to be alone !!! I wished I could take my cats for a walk - maybe when I move I will consider also a dog - I wonder if my cats can get used to a dog !!! Maybe I will go to the gym !!
This whole experience is an opportunity for me to grow as a person, to learn to be alone, to learn to be appreciate life even though Jack is not here!!
Your posts are great Pat
Sadie x

Hi sadie, I have a dog, he was my husband’s dog and I’m glad I have him as he keeps me going, I have to get up and take him for walks , feed him and he loves his cuddles, he’s a collie so very in tuned with everything. I had a cat when we got Mack and they got on well, he also reminds me of my husband, we have had him since he was 10 weeks old ( he’s nearly 4 now)so my husband and I taught him everything, when I’m feeling down he knows, getting a dog would be a good idea for you, I miss my husband every minute of every day but Mack makes it more bareable x

Tks Angie - it is encouraged NH seen the tour dog and cat got on well
Sadie

Like you Angie my wee Daisy dog makes things a bit more bearable .She adored her Dad and it is now 9 weeks since he passed and only now has she stopped looking for him :cry: It is her that makes me get out of bed in the morning. Like Mack Daisy knows when I am struggling and gives me lots of love and cuddles and her daft antics never fail to make me smile. Don’t know what I would do without her.
V xx

I am so sorry for your loss, I’m the same, it’s been 13 months since my husband passed away suddenly and Mack still looks for his daddy, he has taken to sleeping on my bed which he wouldn’t of got away with if his daddy was here ha ha, he has become more protective of me since my husband passed away which is a good thing as I’m in the house myself, it is amazing how animals know when your sad and always cheer you up. What breed is daisy?, 9 weeks is such a short time, the only thing I can say is take every day as it comes, it doesn’t getting any easier but remember the lovely times that you spend together, if I can help in any way just send me a message.take care xx

Thanks Angie, Daisy is a teacup Yorkie which we sort of fell heir to as the woman who had her didn’t have a clue how to look after a dog and we began to watch her a few days a week then she fell in love with us and wouldn’t go back to her owner! She would run and hide when she came to collect her so it was decided for Daisy’s sake she would be happier with us permanently. Colin was all very ‘she’s not really my type of dog’ as he had always had retriever’s before but ended up adoring her and she was the same with him. It breaks my heart he is no longer here with us I had lost my mum 3 weeks before Colin :cry: was still reeling from that when Colin suddenly took a massive heart attack totally unexpectedly so a double whammy so to speak :sob: it is all still very raw and as you say it is a day at a time. I am glad you let Mack on the bed now they are such a comfort :grin:
V xx

Hi v
Teacup yorkies are so cute, I think about how wee see would be compared to my Mack, he’s huge ha ha, daisy was meant to be with you and Colin, she will help you get through each day, I know how you feel when it suddenly happens it such a shock, my husband John passed away in hospital from sepsis, he had an infection which they though they had under control, i was in visiting him and had only left the hospital and received a call to say he had collapsed and died, I’m only 46 so it’s been hard, he was my best friend, soulmate, you will have your good days and bad days, think of Colin, he is always with you xx

Oh Angie how awful for you, and you are so very young to have been left on your own. Such a shock as well when you thought John was on the mend. It was the same for me as a few weeks before Colin had said he wasn’t feeling well and was admitted to hospital where he was to get an MRI scan to find out what the problem was but sadly took the heart attack the morning the scan was due. Like you I was not with him as it happened so suddenly and got the dreaded phonecall to say it was all over. I still can’t comprehend it he was 67 and only retired 2 years. We had so many plans which have now been snatched away :sob: I am lucky in that I have a brilliant family and friends who are amazing and so supportive but it is not the same is it. We were only married 10 years after having both been in long term :poop: marriages before and thought we had a lot of years yet :cry: You must be the same, thinking you and John would be growing old together then this. Life is so cruel and unfair.
Hope to chat with you again, I must let Daisy out she’s got her legs crossed here :wink:
Night night
V xx

You take care, ive just had Mack out, he’s now lying on my bed ha ha xx

Thank you for this, Mrs. Colt, it is so very true. x

I know exactly how you feel. Friends you think you gave, find out they are wrapped up in their own busy lives. Weekends are so lonely

Yes weekends are challenging!! I panick on Friday evenings!!
I try to get the weekends organised - worse coming to worse I go for walks, to the gym and do some embroidery … and somehow I feel I must find a better way to survive them!!
Sadie