Have lost my wife, after 46 years.

Hello ,this is my first post, 2 weeks ago, I lost my beautiful wife Pat, we did everything together, I spend a lot of time at home, and feel really lonely without her, I keep getting upset, because I think about her all the time. I find it hard looking to the future without her.

Hi Tony sorry to hear of your wife’s passing ,I lost my wife last November due to heart failure through kidney disease,l am still feeling like a mirror image of yourself the days and nights without my Jane have been agony there are a lot of people on this site in the same way many with kind words and encouragement my thoughts at the moment are on what my Jane would think and say we have many photos from when we married 43 years ago this is my consolation at the moment seeing her age 23 up to age 67she was still the young girl I married even when she passed away.
. I’m afraid I may not be one to offer advice there are many on this site who maybe can and will but I’m afraid I’m not the type for counciling,joining in with people ( etc even any relatives don’t want to know after a while they seem awkward when you mention your wife
. We had no children so on my own now except for my little dog feeling how I do at the moment searching for something to make me feel better is a long way off but others on this site may give better advice and condolences than I can.
. All the best my friend hope you find peace maybe think what our wives would say if they cold contact us. MM69

Hi Tony, i’m sorry to read about Pat, we have a similar story I lost my wife Colette in January after 41 years together. I have had help from family and friends. I also have had support from people on here. Take things slowly, here are some things i have found useful over the last 3 months, but go at your own pace. I have read a couple of books : Proof of Heaven by Dr Eben Alexander and Spark Seekers: Mourning with Meaning. I have also read a number of articles on whatsyourgrief.com -which i find really useful. This is one to start with https://whatsyourgrief.com/64-things-about-grief/ Life isn’t fair is it. Stay strong Kieran

Thank you Kieran, I will have a look at one.

Thank you for your kind words.

Thank you Bristles.