Having to go back to work after loosing my husband

My husband passed away on 26th April after a long illness, although everything is still so very raw I have to go back to work for financial reasons. I’m terrified that I won’t cope but hopeful that this step will help me move forward.

Has anyone else been in this situation and did you cope x

Hello KC1, I am so sorry for your loss. It’s almost 2 years now since I lost my darling husband. I went back to work after a month and I can honestly say it was the right thing to do for me. It’s a distraction from my grief but that’s not to say I don’t think of my husband when I’m there - he’s on my mind all the time. Work is the only part of my life left unchanged as it’s the one place that he had no part in. I remember the thought of going back was almost unbearable but I knew I had to do it. I dreaded seeing people for the first time and obviously there were hugs and tears for the first day or 2 but honestly it was the best thing I could have done. I wish you well and send you love and strength to help you along your way. Xx

Thank you that makes me feel a little better, I’m dreading the first day but I need to get some normality back for the kids as well as me xx