Heartbroken

Yes we will all love our lived ones till the end of time, it’s hard to function and think straight, I still keep expecting him to walk thru the door then realise he’s never coming g back, the hole he’s left in my heart is so massive as I’m sure your husband has left the same hole in yours. All I can say really is the loss I feel will carry on with me thru my life and I don’t thinkill ever feel complete again

1 Like

Oh does hurt so much,I feel your pain,our world has come tumbling down and we are left on our own to cope with the future looks bleak especially with the long winter nights to get through now.We are all together in this living hell.Michael.

2 Likes

Yes, we are all together so maybe with our joined strength the winter nights may not feel so long, I just wish I wasn’t living this nightmare and the world was different,

1 Like

Could not agree with you more.This is a living nightmare everyday.Wish I could just turn the clock back to pre Covid days then she might still alive given that her cancer would have been seen and treated sooner.Michael.

2 Likes

Somethings we will never know, I feel did I miss something, was I being punished…for what I don’t know…did he know I was with him when he took his last breath and did he feel me holding his hand in those final moments, I visit the Chapel of rest every day but today is going to be my last visit and tomorrow is the start of his next journey and the true end to our life as we knew it, just heartbreaking :broken_heart:

2 Likes

I dreading dark winter nights but then I think of the spring summer and the things I would have been doing with my husband and think winter nights suit my mood better. Christmas going to be hard but got to go through motions for grandchildren. I lie in bed just wishing I could join him living this life is so painful.

Oh my dear I am so sorry ,I went through this a few weeks ago,went to the chapel of rest to see her again after being with her when she passed away,yes I held her hand and told her I loved her and would see her again one day.Her last breath was like me dying as well,my Grandson hugged me whilst I cried and cried for her,I am truly heartbroken my life in pieces.Cannot see a future for me,I 76 what is there left for me now.Michael.

Oh bless you Michael. You will gradually start to feel better, she truly would want you to be ok. It’s unbelievably hard without them and I honestly feel your pain and desperation. She knew you loved her. Please treasure your happy memories, I am sure there will be many. I often go through my husband’s dying day in my head, but then I feel much lighter and happier when I think of the things we did together and the things he said to make me laugh. I can hear his lovely voice so clearly.
I live near an 84 year old widower who is an inspiration, so in answer to your question what is left for you…the rest of your life is left for you. It will be a different life, and not the one you chose, but a life carved from the love you both shared.
Your family will help you through Michael, although grief is different for everyone, we really do understand your pain. Lots of love xx

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your reply.I just hope I can take on board some of what you have said.I want to feel better but at the moment cannot see a way through the gloom.The pain is awful of losing your lifes partner.32 years of love ,wonderful years ,holidays.I ache for her so much,this sick feeling in my stomach never goes away,that is why it is so hard to eat.Lots of love to you all Michael

1 Like

you will be dealing with the trauma of his passing- thats what I am going through at the moment. Reliving the night- 9 weeks tonight since I lost my hubby- every day is so tiring and painful- yet also the longest 9wks of my life.
We have to find strength each day and smile at our memories

1 Like

I am fully with all of you, I had to get a friend to read my eulogy, there was no way I could have done it, I was in bits as it was. It’s nearly 5 months since I lost my darling wife of 46 years and I still get moments when I think it;s all a bad dream and we will be reunited

2 Likes

Reading my eulogy at my partners funeral on Nov 4th, was one of the hardest things I’ve done, but I did it. I’m in a very bad place emotionally I still can’t believe I’ve lost him, keep thinking oh I must tell him something then I remember I’ll never be able to have a conversation with him again, never hear his voice, im living a nightmare my life will never be the same

1 Like

Yes I had to ask the vicar to read mine to my wife Judith as I was completely in a mess that day.I also get the feeling that it must be a dream and I will wake up and it will all be back to normal.Michael.

1 Like

This festive time that’s fast approaching is going to be a hard time for many of us, may we draw strength from each other and from our families to enable us to get thru this. Debra

4 Likes

I am dreading Christmas. Scott only passed away just over 6 weeks ago and the last thing I want to be thinking about is Christmas. I originally said I wanted to be on mine own, but family and friends have persuaded me to go back to my hometown. I have told everyone that I am not doing cards or presents this year and it’s not because I want to be miserable, I just can’t bear the thought of just writing my name.

All we can do is try to stay strong, take 1 minute at a time and do what we want as and when things happen.

Take care everyone x

3 Likes

I am the same with regards to Christmas, Derek passed away just before Christmas 2019, he loved Christmas though so I decorated the flat in his memory. I donate what we would spend on general cards to the food bank as I don’t want to just sign my name.,With family I still write from both of us & a small sticker with a photo of us both. I’ll always do that & I know they understand.

Thats a lovely idea. I find it hard since Mike passed in October I’ve had a few birthdays find it so sad signing cards just mum or nan. Not much fun I anything though. Definitely won’t be sending Xmas cards. Think everyone can have money has shopping to much stress.

2 Likes

Absolutely ,will be a very testing time for many of us.Michael.

2 Likes

My husband died in his sleep very sudden it was such a shock heart attack and coronary artery it took a long time to get over it .my husband’s funeral was when we only could have 30 people some people didn’t come because of covid we just went back to my flat just my three children and their partners I have still not scattered his ashes as we are going to go to London where he was born in the new year now .

2 Likes

I’m not sure you ever get over it. You certainly never forget but hopefully eventually we all learn to cope with the grief.

3 Likes