I do not know what I have done
If in the past or still to come
By taking her instead of me
I can but hope you’ve set her free

For if our lives are judged by soul
The one you took was truly whole
If heaven really does exist
Then you now have the best of best

…strength and love to everybody…it’s been a tough week so far :broken_heart::sleepy:

13 Likes

Thank you @UnityMan
As you know from some of my posts I’ve liked lots of your poems…
But this is extra special
Love and hugs :heart::hugs:

1 Like

@UnityMan
I understand tough …exactly 9 months for me today, and I can honestly say the last 2/3 weeks have been the worst yet, and I sense no let up :cry::cry:

Live and hugs back to everyone :heart::hugs:

2 Likes

Thank you …I’m glad this resonated. I have had a really bad couple of weeks…feel like I’m in a well…climb up a bit…then fall back down…the poetry is my release…but only a bit…:heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

@Cathphil it has been 6 months for me today and yes you are right. The pain is deeper and I am so so sad. I am still in denial stage and really wish that my husband could come back and have my old life back. Just not fair. We could of had another 25/30 years together xx

1 Like

@Hazel.1966
I’m so sorry for all your pain my darling
It’s just such a s**t life now isn’t it.
Im not a big swearer.
My husband used to say that the only thing that made me swear was football.
Well I definitely have something else to swear about now… Being left a widow is enough to sweat about on its own…to say nothing of all those around us with their insensitive, crass comments, and the expectations they put on us, that we should be okay and getting on with it!!!
S ** t, s ** t, s ** t, s ** t, s ** t !!!

Big hugs darlin’
Have as a reasonable day as you can
:heart::hugs:

2 Likes

Hmm don’t know how I got the bold type

:heart::hugs:

1 Like

Oh the bold type seems to have disappeared now :person_shrugging: !!!?

@Cathphil yes it is definitely a unfair cruel shit life. Wish I could have my old life back. Wish I notice that my husband was ill and his weight loss :pensive:
Big hugs xx

@Hazel.1966

Oh thank you.
I’m feeling total shit
Life is so f********* hard
Want my darling so so much.
It’s not fair.
How can I carry on with out him.
I know you all understand.
And even though I don’t know any of you personally, I love you all so much for knowing how bloody hard this shit life is
:heart::heart::heart::hugs::hugs::hugs:

4 Likes

@Cathphil yes it is so so hard isn’t it. I miss my husband so much and have had a bad day also. I went to spec savers to have a eye test and to choose some new glasses. I had a cry as thought that my husband will never see my new glasses. Also having my hair cut on Wednesday and again he will never comment and say he likes my hair cut again. So heartbreaking :broken_heart:
Big hugs xx

1 Like

@Hazel.1966
Big big hugs my darlin’
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like