Hello , my first time on here.

Hello my first time on here. I lost my husband 6 weeks ago and this is just terrible. It is the worst experience imaginable. I found comfort in what others have written and so hence I am here. I am crying as I write this but am trying to be positive but not easy. I am just thankful I are two adorable doggies which have seriously kept me going through the despair. People say it gets easier but not sure about that. Dreading Christmas. Jane

1 Like

Jane. I am so sorry for the loss of your husband.
It’s 35 weeks tomorrow since I lost my partner, and the pain is just as bad today as it was then.
I still cry everyday and pray every night for him to come to me in my dreams.
I miss him so much.
Please take care and stay strong x

1 Like

Sorry for your loss sue. I think it is good to cry, well I feel better but not stronger, I am working on that. My thoughts are with you and hope you have some better times ahead j

Hello to you Janie
I am afraid at six weeks you are still suffering from the terrible shock and trauma of your sad loss. Don’t be afraid of the tears though.
I am over two years now in my loss and I was told ‘time will heal’, which I suppose it does to a certain extent. It teaches us to live another life, to adapt but never ever to forget. I still have a cry and those down days at times and why shouldn’t I or any of us. We have lost a precious part of our lives but be sure we never stop carrying them with us. The love never leaves us.
You hang onto those doggies as we must never underestimate their help and support. I have my two dogs also and they have and still are pulling me through. They have given me a purpose and made me laugh again. Only a dog lover could ever understand what they do for us.
Don’t even give Christmas a thought, just get through each day as best you can. My husband died just before Christmas and I liked to walk at night and look at the lights and trees.
Take care
xx

4 Likes

Me too, dreading the ‘C’ word at the end of the year.

1 Like

Thank you all it is good to hear from you all. Friends have been very supportive but the loneliness and quiet when you get home is deafening and the empty feeling in the stomach and sickness is terrible. Sometimes I am trying not to think about us as then I don’t have to remember.
Jane

1 Like

Dear Janie27
My heart goes out to you
Use this forum to release your thoughts and fears, we all totally understand how lost you feel
There is no right or wrong thing to do or feel, no one but you lost YOUR dear husband, that aweful loss is unique to you as is how you feel.
The best advice I was given was to try and not be persuaded to go or do things I’m not comfortable with
What people not in our position tend not to understand is how heartbreakingly hard it is for us being… One after being half of Two.
Try to put Christmas aside… I tell myself that’s ages of yet… My darling husband passed just before Christmas and his birthday is then too… So no don’t think about it
Will close for now, you are in my thoughts
Take care and a big hug
Christine xx

2 Likes

Dear Christine
Thank you so much for your kind words they are much appreciated. I know now that only those who have lost a partner truly understand. I have lost a mother, father and young brother and nothing compares to this horrible feeling.
It is good to know there is someone out there that understands. I will put C out of mind.
Thank you
Jane

Hi Jane
You are very welcome
As you say the loss of the love of our lives is like no other.
I lost my dear mum just 6 months after my husband and although both have ripped my heart apart they are very different. I do battle emotionally with that.
Sometimes I feel guilty thinking of my husband more, he was my world and his going was unexpected and sudden
18 months since I lost him and I’m still struggling and tears are never far away
This forum does help, just knowing there are people who understand.
My release is walking, I walk for miles, I hope that you will be able to find your release.
I’ve learnt, Just take things at your pace not what other people think.
Sadly the deeper the love the deeper the grief
Take care and a hug
Christine xx

2 Likes

Hi Janie

Sorry for your loss. Forget Christmas, I tried to last year. It’s just another day, it’s the lead up that’s the hard bit, so if you don’t want to partake then don’t, people will understand. Stay strong and look after yourself. X

1 Like

Thank you viv, great advice just another day no need to panic. Ashes are coming home next week another milestone but looking forward to it. Still crying and pit in stomach as bad as ever. 7 weeks now and counting. Doggies still keeping me going. Thanks everyone for being there hugs to you all!:heart:

1 Like