Hello

Hello.my wife dies last Friday now I have no-one

1 Like

I am so sorry for your loss. You will find support on this site.

2 Likes

I am very sorry for your loss. It is the worst feeling in the world. Please know you are not alone in your journey dealing with the heartache.
Take all the support and kindness offered from family and friends and lean on the people who care about you.

2 Likes

People on here will understand your feelings. Keep posting and we will all try to support you. You can also sign up for counselling as well. Sending hugs

1 Like

Hello
So sorry for your loss
We are all here for you talk anytime
Please take care xx

1 Like

@Tallchap_999 sorry that you have found yourself bereaved as well. This site helps in that the emotions you will be feeling will have been felt by others, and you will see that you are not going completely mad. I think we all go a bit loopy after the death of our other halves, but it does help to know you are not completely alone. Try and remember to eat at least small amounts regularly, and if need be approach your GP for help.

1 Like

Thank-you,I HAVE NOT HAD ONE VISITOR SINCE my wife passed,I have family of my own,but as to why my wife’s family not texted me,rang me ,emailed me ,or been to to visit me,I believe it’s because I carried out my wife’s wishes,which are the same,no funeral,just pure cremations as seen on tv,tc Kev

1 Like

Hello
My husband Andy his brothers haven’t bothered
At all on my and no phone call text nothing at all
Andy help all off them with Everything
Please take care xx

1 Like

Thankyou ,xx

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that. You and your wife’s wishes are important and everyone should respect that. You did right by her. They should stand by you. Sending hugs

1 Like

Hi

My husband’s family had some views on my husband’s funeral too. But this is our final act for our loved ones and we do what is right.

In addition, as I am sure many will highlight on this forum lockdown places so many restrictions on funerals - not only on the number of attendees but group sizes etc dependent on the capacity of the church/crem.

The number of people remaining in contact since the funeral has shrunk to just three. It is very sad that people you thought you could rely on find it so easy to return to their own lives so quickly without a second thought for those of us grieving.

Take care.

1 Like

Thank-it’s hugs and face to face chat I am looking for
Kev xx
I have no one,time will we will see,I have been totally alone for 8 days,having to deal with all the myriad of tasks,death ,cert,banks etc still not finished,
Nice to chat ty
Kev x

1 Like

Dear Kev

It is still very early days. Have you used the ‘Tell Us Once’ service? Also have you applied for the DWP grant - it pays £2500 one-off and then £100 for next 18 months.

I was not able to use the service mentioned above as I have to wait for the inquest before a certificate is issued so I have been having to contact different organisations separately. My husband died in September and as I am having to (ultimately after the inquest) go through probate am awash with piles of papers from the pensions companies. Some have been totally unhelpful and only want to put obstacles in my way.

Take care and please only take one day at a time. Some tasks can wait until a time when you feel more able.

1 Like

Hiya,
Because of covid the registrar did not ring me for interview for six days,by then I WAS GOING CRAZY,contacting ,dolce,wife’s bank,dvla,passport etc etc when I received the death certificate it gave me unique number for tell us once,I completed it and was amazed they do it all for you grrrr,ooh time for a pink gin or 6,great to chat I see you can upload a photo of my ugly mug
Tc KEV X

1 Like

Hi,my iPad pinged but no message ? Kev

1 Like

Dear Kev

Myself and a few others on this forum have highlighted how difficult the administrative processes are and do not help when we are in our greatest need. The ‘Tell us Once’ is a good step forward.

The DWP grant is not well publicised and there needs to be greater transparency amongst Government departments as to what help there is available to those who have lost a loved one. Instead of leaving us to try and navigate different challenges when we are trying to grieve.

Take care.

1 Like