Help

Hi I’m new here but felt I need some support so here I am. I lost my brave amazing husband 8 weeks ago and am really struggling emotionally without him. I work so when I’m there I’m ok 90% of the time then I come home and that’s what the total irrational thoughts come last night I couldn’t sleep and even contemplating ending it all but I know that’s not what he would want. I just miss him so so much knowing that I won’t see or touch him I have kept all his voice messages which I listen to

Hi Colleen,
I’m so sorry to hear about husband. I think you could really do with some support and I’m glad that you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here.
There is lots of other support out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.
The Samaritans are always there 24/7 if you need to talk about anything that’s
bothering you (116 123, or jo@samaritans.org).
You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.
We offer online bereavement counselling to members of this community. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here:
https://support.sueryder.org/bereavement-counselling
You deserve care and support so please, Colleen, get in touch with one of
these services.
If you are at risk of harming yourself, please call 999, go to A&E or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.
Take care,
Mick
Online Community team

Dear Colleen. My husband died just four weeks ago. I’m still reeling. It was diving incident and he was abroad so not prepared at all. It’s the hardest most horrific situation. I’m here for you. Your not alone. We will get through this. I’m not sure how to do this , I’m taking each day as it comes. I can’t contemplate work at the moment as every day is an emotionally draining series of tasks. You’ve done well to be at work. Keep going Colleen. If you want to talk please do. I know I’m not alone as I have friends who have lost their husbands and wives and they have been an inspiration to me…it’s gutting, physically I know…but you must live on x

Hi Colleen finding this site two days ago has made such a big difference in helping me deal with my grief - people suffering with the same emotional pain and reaching out - understanding exactly how we are feeling. I too lost my beautiful man - he died from injuries suffered in paragliding accident while we were on holiday in Turkey we had been together since we were 19 - 42 years together. So it’s a big hole to fill - but just grab all the love and support you can get - it truly helps. I have mentioned it to a couple of people on this site - but I write in a journal every night before I go to sleep and tell my husband how my day has been - it does help. Be strong and please feel free to contact me anytime x (Maggie)

Oh, Diverliz, I’m so sorry to hear how you lost your husband. I’m a diver too, although my husband wasn’t.

Please feel free to contact me - at least you can talk to someone who can understand.

Hugs

Sky

Evening Colleen
I am so sorry to hear your sad loss and how you are feeling.
I lost my Mike 9 months ago and felt and feel just like you.
I found and finf this web site so comforting.
I have no family at all and live alone. I was married for 43 years and still feel so very lonely.
Keep messaging on this web site because you will gain so much support and you can message me anytime day or night. I still have panic attacks at night. Today I went for a cuppa with a lovely lady who I actually got to know from this web site.
I found out she lived near so we arranged to meet for a coffee and have been really good friends ever since so keep those messages coming.
It is very soon for you after your loss but you must try and be strong. I know it is so hard as I am sure I feel exactly like you feel.
At least you work and see people I am retired and if it wasn’t for my friends I don’t think I would be here . Whenever you feel low just message it really does help honest.
Just to let you know you are not alone, here for you.
Suex

Hello Colleen
Sorry to hear you sad loss and only a few weeks ago,
My Mike passed away in January and I feel like you too. I have no family, retired all alone. I have lovely kind friends but feel totally alone. I never thought I would ever feel so lonely and alone. I have always thought I was a strong person after losing friends in the past but losing my Mike is a totally different thing, Nobady knows what it is like until they lose their partner. I was very ill at the beginning not 100% even now but getting there. When we have loved our partner, husband etc it is so very hard to live without them. I try and imagine that Mike is looking down on me and many spooky things have happened to me since losing Mike so I am sure he is around somewhere.
It is a different life now and wonder whether I will ever be happy again but we must try and carry on. This web site has really helped me especially in the beginning as just knowing there are people out there feeling like me , caring people who messaged me etc was so comforting. I know you are missing your partner but remember the good times when you were together. Hold on to that, message any time take good care Love Suex