Help

I need some help with dealing with the sudden loss of my father, he died 3 days ago and I feel like I just want to die myself, I never knew pain like this , he was my whole world and I just can’t see a way out of this terrible, dark place I find myself in, I feel like I will cry forever and just need this pain to stop

2 Likes

We’re here for you @Gayle2. I’m really sorry to hear about the sudden loss of your father, I can really hear how much he meant to you and how close you were. It’s understandable to hear how much pain you’re feeling, loosing someone so close so suddenly is one of the most difficult things to go through.

I wanted to ask if you’re getting much support at the moment from any friends or family around you?

There’s a few posts made by other members who have also gone through a sudden loss of a parent which you might find helpful reading through. I’ve linked it here - Sudden loss of my dad at 58 years old.

Keep posting here whenever you need to, we’re here for you and you’re not alone.

I feel the same pain … I am gasping for breath. My mums funeral was on the 23/12/. Try and contact cruse .I am here for you if you want to talk

I’ve just lost my darling dad and am missing him terribly. He died alone in hospital and we hadn’t been able to see him since he was admitted at Christmas, which has made it so much harder.
The funeral was last week and it seems to be hitting me harder now. Most of the time I feel as though I’m walking through treacle and have no motivation or interest in doing anything.

Don’t think that’s unusual. You will feel in a certain amount of shock.
Once the funeral is over, the enormity of grief kicks in . My darling mum fought sepsis and died on 29th November. I still could happily stay in bed all day, and cry every night. People say time heals …let’s see. Just do what you feel you want to do . Your dad will be watching over you .

I’m so sorry to hear how you are feeling.
I hope now some time has passed that you are not feeling as bad and that you have some great memories

Some days I feel reasonably okay and then others it hits me again like a wave, and I remember that Dad is no longer here and that I’m never going to see him again. But I guess that’s normal.

Looking at photos and sharing memories with the family help in some ways but they also trigger me getting upset again, I also feel that I have to try stay strong for my mum which isn’t easy sometimes!

Yes I think what you describe is normal.
I think we should allow ourselves time for reflection and upset.