Hi I’m Becca

Hi everyone,
I’m new here, I’m Becca I’m 31 and I live in Kent. I just 5 weeks ago lost my dad who was my whole world. He was 59, my Dad fell poorly in may and passed away at the end of July. My dads partner Clare passed away in may just a week before my dad got sick

I am really struggling to cope with the pain, I cry every day, I hate that I cannot change what’s happened, that I can’t bring him back. I cared for my dad and moved in with him while he was poorly, my dad was my whole world.

People say “it gets easier in time” but I’m struggling to believe that. The only way I can describe it is by feeling like I have been robbed, robbed of my best mate and my whole purpose.

I really really miss him.

I’m so sorry to everyone who has joined this group as you have obviously also lost someone very close to you. I know this pain and I’m so sorry that you are feeling it too.

Where my pops was so young, where I’m young, I haven’t got any friends who have experienced this so I’m struggling for people to talk to who understand.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Becca x

Hi becca

I lost my husband 13 months ago, I’m still in pain every day but you do learn to do things, I’ve told myself that he would not want me sitting around being sad, so I trying to live a different life. Not the one I wanted. I’m 41 and never thought I’d be on my own, I have 2 daughters 15 and 18. But I’ve joined the gym and so far it’s stopped me from going on antidepressants. I’ve found talking on here helps. Dawn XXX

1 Like

Thanks so much for replying.
I’m really sorry for your loss, I’ve never been one for exercise but I think walking or yoga might really help me.

I’m looking forward to talking to people who understand that feeling xx

Beccachip

Maybe find a walking group, you can then chat to people on the way. Dawn XXX

1 Like

Hi Becca, it’s very early days for you. I’m 6 months down the line after losing my husband and I’ve found going out for a walk really helps ( better still if you have company) like suggested before see if there’s a local group you could join. Getting out and moving physically is good for our mental state. I know it’s hard to make the effort to do anything. Take care Carol.

2 Likes

Hi beccachip

My mum died very suddenly in June 2019. I had no idea how I would survive losing her and dont get me wrong, I still have really bad days.

But I can promise you that it does get better in time. Dont expect this to be in weeks or months. It could take a couple of years before you start seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

I was extremely close to my mum and we lived together. I literally let her know when I got to work every day and when I got home from nights out even when I was in my 30s and 40s.

I still cant believe she is gone forever but I am in a much better place. You will get there.

Cheryl

1 Like